Lead System Architect, Connectivity
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
LEAD SYSTEM ARCHITECT, CONNECTIVITY – Stockholm, Sweden
(alternatively, Porcia, Italy, or Prague, Czech Republic)
Electrolux Group Technology Organization (GTO) is looking to strengthen its international team committed to deliver the architecture for the Group’s growing portfolio of connected products. The Lead System Architect position is open within the Global Connectivity Architecture team and reports directly to its Head.
The Lead System Architect formulates and communicates high-level guidelines for connectivity systems and data architecture, as well as designs and oversees implementation thereof, to support the Group strategy for connected appliances and data utilization. He/she ensures that all systems are working at optimal levels and supports definition of system requirements, data formats and data flows. This includes proper management of complexity, considering the long-lasting market presence of products (minimum 10 years), adequate cybersecurity, the peculiarities of the IoT model and data flows fit for AI and analytics. Tracking and integration of emerging technologies – embedded, networked or cloud based - is another key objective. The Lead System Architect will provide technical leadership to a team of engineers architecting and implementing innovative systems and data flows for connected consumer appliances. He/she will also help manage research with Universities within the area of Connectivity & Data Utilization. The position interfaces to various functions and is a global, strategic role, ensuring competitive advantage of Electrolux connected products.
If you are passionate about innovation, possess superb system-engineering and data architecture skills and enjoy a dynamic, international environment, join us and strengthen our Architecture team.
YOUR ROLE WILL BE TO:
Lead Design and Architecture Governance, of Connectivity Systems and Data Flows:
• Leads the design and architecture-review processes for new systems. Develops and documents the proposed design for integration and implementation of new components, working in cross-functional teams.
• Specifies how connectivity data is generated, formatted, organized, flowing through the ecosystem and interpreted, including data utilization for analytics and AI-based feedback loop (machine<->cloud, profiling).
• Formulates and assures application of system-engineering guidelines (modularity, scalability, robustness, extensibility, interoperability, simplicity, … ) and best practices of SW development and Agile methodology.
• Coaches the architecture team and collaborators in delivering quality architecture and implementations.
• Helps build and maintain internal- and external stakeholder networks (e.g. with sectors, suppliers, partner institutes, universities) in the area of Connectivity Architecture and Data Analytics.
Analyze System Requirements:
• The Lead System Architect analyzes and troubleshoots existing systems to ensure they offer adequate robustness and flexibility and are effectively meeting the needs of the organization;
• The Lead System Architect has a fundamental role in enabling proper modularity practices and data model definitions to enable data analytics and software re-use across components and Product Lines.
Recommend Alternative Technologies and Improvements:
• Maintains awareness of technology trends and novel solutions in relevant connectivity areas.
• Based on his/her knowledge of ICT trends and SW architecture best practices, the Lead System Architect proactively recommends alternatives or improvements to enhance connectivity systems and processes.
Design, oversee and execute connectivity component implementation and integration:
• Defines, validates and evangelizes data model, long-term rules and configuration tools and practices for interfaces and interoperability across connectivity components and product portfolio.
• Supports creation of detailed plans for integrating new systems into existing infrastructure, working in close collaboration with Project Manager and other functions.
Tools, Processes, Standardization:
• Ensures Connectivity architecture is well documented, up-to-date and communicated to stakeholders.
• Ensures that proper tools are adopted, that adequate design, development, testing and documentation methodology is used within relevant projects, and that sound processes are followed.
• Represents Electrolux in relevant IoT standardization bodies (such as OCF) where appropriate, and ensures interoperability and compliance of Electrolux connectivity solutions.
Soft skills/personality traits
Team oriented, strong international cultural awareness
Proactive, takes initiative
Strong influencing and presentation skills
Strong written and oral communication skills
Ability to lead by example and coach others
Good interpersonal skills - builds relationships with internal stakeholders and third parties
Creative thinker, problem solver
Ability to drive and manage change; integrity, drive and independence
Enjoys challenge, change and fast paced environments; adjusts quickly
Hands-on approach to project delivery, detail oriented
Decision making with incomplete information
Project management experience
Leader in high-level System/SW/Data Architecture definition
Ability to propose, think-through and evaluate long-term consequences in complex system design
Ability to select, validate and argument around diverse solutions to complex problems
Ability to lead, reason and reach solutions jointly with multiple teams of diverse opinions
Ability to quickly comprehend functions and capabilities of new technologies.
Ability to travel to different Electrolux sites when required
Willing to keep technical background always up-to-date, commitment to technical excellence
Excellent English, spoken and written, is mandatory for this role.
Knowledge of Swedish, Italian or Russian is a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
PhD (preferred) or Master's Degree in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering, or related.
Experience in System/Data Architecture leadership role.
8+ years of experience in Systems/SW development desirable.
Experience from a complex international organization is highly desirable.
Experienced leader in high-level system and data architecture
Deep, detailed experience in architecting and implementing multi-component networked systems, and their interaction, including data model and data architecture
Expert understanding of key architecture concepts such as modularity, scalability, robustness, is mandatory
Expert knowledge in design, architecture and algorithms for distributed systems
Detailed knowledge of several operating systems (Linux, Unix, Windows, Android, iOS, RTOS)
Expert knowledge in C/C++ and/or Java language programming, Swift highly beneficial
Experience with connectivity technologies and building architecture roadmaps
Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence concepts
Knowledge and experience in cloud computing platforms, cloud API design and Big Data Analytics
Knowledge in IoT concepts and technologies
Knowledge of Appliance FW architecture and related impacted areas (complexity management, safety, factory testing, OTA update, remote maintenance, service operations, relevant standards and norms in this area)
Knowledge and experience in computer networks, TCP/IP protocols and wireless/mobile networking
Knowledge in software and networking security
Knowledge of testing and monitoring methodologies
Knowledge of software development process and version management systems
Experience in standardization or IP-protection processes is a plus
Want to know more about what we do within the Electrolux Group?
Ever wondered what the smart home of the future could be like? Watch this video about Electrolux’s take on what a fully connected smart home could offer the consumer: http://www.electroluxgroup.com/en/electrolux-design-explores-the-smart-home-of-the-future-23769/ .
ABOUT ELECTROLUX GROUP
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances and appliances for professional use, based on deep consumer insight. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative and sustainable solutions, developed in close collaboration with professional users. Read more about what we do here: http://www.electroluxgroup.com/en/
Contact person: Julia Sciuto