Lead Systems Engineer - Electronics
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK:
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Electronics Systems Engineering Expert considers the needs of the product functionality from broad high-level requirements and is able to break down the functions into necessary design modules that constitute the electronic controls system. They work closely with the teams responsible for product requirements in order to scope new projects, translate customer needs into product specifications and technical requirements, and provide technical guidance regarding new technologies, feature implementations, risks, cost assessments, etc. They provide overall technical leadership for major product development programs and are looked upon to provide expertise and recommendations for assigned competencies.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert to assigned competencies, with expectation to perform research and communicate best practices within global engineering community.
- Provides overall technical leadership for larger programs.
- Provides training and mentorship to junior-level engineers.
- Creates technical specifications from customer needs and product requirements as developed by Product Line, Marketing, Design, Usability, etc.
- Interfaces with Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, Service, and outside suppliers for collection of requirements and to provide direct support on technical designs.
- Supports cooking science and agency labs in development of cooking algorithm needs for the electronics controls and for creation of necessary lab development applications.
- Develops software validation test plans based directly on software technical specifications.
- Participates in Technical Design Previews in order to report on assigned project deliverables.
- Assists design teams with DFMEA development as systems-level subject matter expert.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience in product design, embedded control development, or related engineering career field.
- Demonstrated experience in providing training and mentorship, preferred.
- Minimum 5 years Experience in providing technical leadership for complete projects and programs.
- Minimum 7 years experience of overall engineering, manufacturing and assembly principles.
- Experience in leading system architecture development, preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience with appliance or other relatable product design.
- Experience with advanced UI and GUI or power electronics development is preferred.
- Ability to interpret schematics and proficiency in embedded hardware development.
- Proficiency in embedded software architecture and development.
- Knowledge and experience of testing Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), preferred.