Lead Visual Designer
Shape living for the better. At global scale.
Electrolux Consumer Experience Organization (CXO) is currently looking for a new team member to join our team!
Electrolux Visual Designers weave iconography, typography, color, space and texture together to help our users successfully navigate our products. We believe that all of our products should be beautiful and accessible. As a Visual Designer, you’ll delight users with designs that inspire, engage and excite them. You’ll rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals—from concept to execution—across many platforms. You will collaborate with your fellow designers to constantly refine the Electrolux design language and create innovative, great-looking products that people love to use.
Design Leads drive the design of our projects forward—they are in the trenches, but they also keep their eyes on the overall goal. And, of course, they have a passion for design—stunning, elegant, and forward-thinking design. Reporting to their Design Directors, they collaborate with marketing, ownership experience, business area managers, and technologists to develop creative concepts and approaches, developing original design concepts as well as overseeing project design all the way through execution. A Design Lead should be ready to present work to cross-functional and executive level stakeholders. Electrolux Design Leads provide direction and leadership to designers working in their project teams, scope design phases of projects accurately and efficiently, and inspire innovation.
What you will do
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional creative team to develop scalable visual design anguage that meets product and business goals
- Evangelize appropriate use of our design system to drive consistency within branded interfaces
- Present and articulate concepts in a clear and focused way that drives productive discussion, and moves the work forward
- Create sketches, visual references, storyboards, prototypes, and/or prototypes necessary to guide development of product experiences
- Deliver compelling visuals in various styles/mediums: illustration, photography, video, animation or other media (as appropriate)
- Fluency across graphic design, motion, typography, photography and illustration.
- Real passion for cultivating relationships, leading mentoring creatives, and the ability to use that rapport to align teams around a vision
- Contribute thoughtful feedback for other designers to ensure that visual design and interaction work well in tandem.
- Work with others within our team to spread awareness of one another’s work and drive awareness horizontally across the feature groups.
- Lead visioning and conceptual exercises; establish visual design directions for future brand expression, visual solutions and systems across and various types of projects (includes digital and physical, connectivity, intelligent systems, and mobility).
- Contribute to overall experience strategy and vision, developing sketches, illustrations, visual interfaces and systems.
- Contribute to building and evolving tools, processes, best practices and templates / frameworks for visual design community and the global Digital Experience community.
- Deliver high-quality designs ranging from innovative concepts to pixel perfect visual systems.
- Share trends, strategic perspectives, concepts with the global DX team and key work partners to further develop consumer centered strategies that align with Ford’s vision, goals, vehicles, services, and markets.
- You work in, and encourage, cross-collaboration leveraging diversity and open feedback
- You are good at communicating concepts, design and ideas to stakeholders at all levels, in different shapes depending on the context
- You have previously demonstrated time management, communication and prioritization skills
- You understand and react to change and are capable to adapt to business and organizational needs
- You are a systems thinker by nature with an ability to zoom in and out as necessary
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Lead Visual Designer at a creative agency or an in-house team
- Knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology across multiple modalities (consumer electronics, mobile, web, wearables, etc.)
- Experience designing motion graphics is a major plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Digital/Media Design, Interactive Design, Game Design, or other related design field.
- A passion for creating products that resonate on an emotional level.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating sensitivity to typography, color, contrast, and information hierarchy, from broad concepts to tiny details.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Contact person: Sara Vigliotti