Lean Continuous Improvement Manager
The Lean Continuous Improvement Manager is a key leadership position and is responsible for the implementation of the Electrolux Manufacturing System (EMS) in Memphis, TN. This position is a hands-on role and responsible for engaging the plant leadership team to define the lean strategy and tactical execution while driving cultural transformation. The Lean Continuous Improvement Manager directly coaches all levels of the organization on how to implement lean manufacturing practices and philosophies and serves as the Lean subject matter expert and thought leader for the plant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure EMS activities support and drive the key business objectives that are in alignment with the global standards
- Lead the education and deployment of Lean methodologies, change management, and team facilitation practices
- Provide guidance in best methods for material flow & scheduling based on best practice and utilization of product & process matrix and labor utilization
- Drive permanent changes in culture to ensure continuous improvement in cost, quality, service, people and working capital.
- Identify operational gaps and initiate solution support, tracking plant objectives to corporate plan
- Drive objective goal setting and attainment of plant metrics on a consistent basis
- Develop strong cross-functional partnerships to improve processes and ensure balance of cost, quality, service and people while implementing lean principles.
- Provide hands-on root cause analysis and problem solving to focus and direct improvement activities utilizing lean tools and methods to close business gaps while managing organizational change
- Support High Performance Team deployment and create synergies between HPT and Lean implementation
- Bachelor’s Degree required and Masters preferred
- Lean Certification required
- 5-10 years’ experience leading a lean transformation in a large manufacturing site including; 5S,
- Waste Elimination, Standardized work, Visual Management, Teaming, TPM, Value Stream Mapping, Material Supply Processes, Logistics, Supermarkets, 8D, mixed model flow, Business Plan Deployment, Line Balance, Single Piece Flow, etc.
- Well versed in modern tools and methodologies of process improvement
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to effectively deliver on business results with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to influence others at all levels of the organization through collaboration
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven facilitation skills to lead challenging teams of cross-functional personnel demonstrated through hands on teaching and application of tools & principles
- Proven ability to work across functions and process teams to support implementation of value enhancement projects
- Strong bias toward action and mindset for continual process improvement
- Leadership skills including expert use of a multitude of problem solving tools and processes , with results orientation
- Leadership of individuals and teams with ability to set expectations and manage performance though effective feedback and coaching
- Ability to effectively lead and work under pressure
- Ability to process complex and linear thinking
- Exceptional project management abilities; experience in leading multiple large improvement projects simultaneously
- Superior mental agility, dealing comfortably and quickly with complex issues
- Characterized by integrity and high professional standards