Legal Counsel – Electrolux/Nexure
DRIVE ITS BUSINESS EXPANSION ACROSS EUROPE (AND BEYOND)
At Electrolux we are on a journey to shape living for the better. By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living. To accelerate innovation in the area of consumer services and insurances, we have set up a separate venture, Nexure AB.
Nexure is a mission-driven accelerator that helps Electrolux design, develop and launch new post-purchased offerings that are tailored for the consumers and aim at shaping a new ownership experience.
At Nexure we are a small team that operate as a real startup and work on all aspects of the product development: it is a high-paced environment where lean management and pragmatism are at the foundation of our everyday work.
By using the Nexure platform, Electrolux can offer insurance products and related services directly to end consumers across Europe. Sales channels include online and customer facing support functions. The product catalogue is under continuous development and based on customer insights and market trends.
Electrolux’ Group Legal Team is now looking for an ambitious Legal Counsel to join the team to represent the Nexure business and, together with the other Nexure team members, drive its business expansion across Europe (and beyond). In this newly created and unique position, you will play a key role in providing hands on legal support to our Nexure business whilst being part of Electrolux’ Group Legal Team. You will experience a stimulating and challenging work environment.
This is a dynamic role, which allows you to put a mark on the business. You have a genuine interest in understanding the business thereby being able to anticipate needs and concerns and work with its continuous development. You will be based at Nexure’s office in a lively and inspiring startup environment in Stockholm and will also be part of our European Legal Department based at the Electrolux headquarters in Stockholm which is an integral part of the Group Legal Team, responsible for protecting the Group’s interests in all legal matters.
As a successful candidate you will provide advice on a broad range of general commercial and insurance regulatory matters relating to consumer services, such as structuring of consumer services and insurance products, market compliance and regulation of insurance intermediaries. The Nexure Legal Counsel will also be asked to provide operational and strategic legal support to the Nexure business.
You will be based in Stockholm, Sweden.
• Provide strategic and operational legal support to the Nexure business.
• Source, lead and manage external legal counsels required for the expansion of the Nexure business across Europe.
• With support of external counsels, advise on a broad range of insurance regulatory matters related to consumer services across Europe.
• Provide updates, advice and ensure compliance regarding insurance products to the end consumers.
• Drive a culture of compliance.
• Collaborate and co-ordinate work with various internal stakeholders such as representatives from Electrolux internal insurance company, Electrolux tax department and Electrolux local legal teams.
Regular Working Day:
As Nexure’s Legal Counsel you will support various business stakeholders in achieving its targets. You will advise on insurance regulatory aspects when it comes to providing aftermarket consumer services in various European jurisdictions. You analyze risks, provide hands on legal advice, and contribute to achieving practical solutions. As Nexure is closely integrated in the Electrolux structure you will also work in close cooperation with several business units and other staff functions of Electrolux’ European business. As we are a truly international company, this may from time to time as well involve our other legal and commercial teams across the world. You will manage contacts with external parties such as law firms and authorities.
• Analytical - With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data. A passion for analyzing data and making business conclusions and recommendations.
• Agile - Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly, to deliver results. A fast thinker with ability to pick up and treat new information rapidly.
• Expert - You not only know your area of expertise, you are passionate about it and understand how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
• Collaborative - You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
• Communicative - Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues at all levels.
• Influential - You are a natural leader and can articulate it well, building a case that’s sound and that others buy in to.
• Organised - You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
Key Qualifications & Experience:
• A Law Degree from a Swedish or other European University
• Around five years’ experience from working with general commercial and insurance related matters in an international environment such as a reputable business law firm and/or as an in-house counsel at a multinational company or insurance company
• Experience from working in a direct to consumer environment is desired but not a requirement
• You enjoy working in an international context
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on:
Electrolux Group: https://www.linkedin.com/company/electrolux/life/lifeatelectrolux
Stockholm HQ: https://www.linkedin.com/company/electrolux/life/sweden
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.
Contact Person: Anna Berggren