Logistics Operations Analyst
Electrolux Purchasing is responsible for sourcing direct and indirect materials and services across the entire Group. More than 75% of the Group’s product costs are handled by Purchasing. Its vision is to be a world-class organization that continuously contributes to the Group's strong drive for innovative products and service solutions. It focuses on functional excellence, strong collaborations with internal and external stakeholders, and leveraging global size to ensure the lowest total cost of ownership for materials and services purchased.
Global Logistics is the Electrolux group arm for all global procurement of freight, including all ocean freight (FCL and LCL), air cargo, air courier, and ground courier freight services used in the Electrolux Group, whether domestic, cross-border, intra- or inter-continental.
Ocean contracting covers freight and auxiliary services related to the transportation of goods in ocean containers, whether wholly or partly utilized.
As the only party empowered to negotiate ocean- air- and courier services for the Electrolux Group, Global Logistics' mission is to obtain the lowest possible net rates, and innovative solutions leveraging our global volumes that will deliver reliable shipping ability in both peak- and slack season, while preserving the Group's reputation as a responsible, reliable and sustainability-focused global shipper with whom global logistics service providers want to work.
1. To provide basic operations support for shipments from Asia to Latin America.
- CY containers movements
- LCL movement
- 3PL management
2. Space management for Asia to Latin America.
- Collecting 8 weeks’ rolling forecasts from related sales divisions/booking agents/suppliers, etc.
- Prepare 4 weeks’ master forecasts to carriers.
- Based on the fixed allocation as well as carriers’ confirmation, distribute the space to related sales divisions/booking agents/suppliers, etc.
- Coordinate space issues with ocean contract manager.
- Collect allocation vs. booking vs. shipment data in order to keep monitoring of actual allocation.
- To provide master database for Asia to specific trade lane(s) ;
- To provide weekly booking vs. forecast for management review.
- To support Contract Manager for adhoc rate requests to ocean carriers.
Consulting & Support:
• Support development of global sourcing and distribution.
• Support sustainability projects related to global shipping.
Close and world wide contacts with:
• Electrolux staff involved in logistics/supply chain at sales companies and factories.
• Shipping lines.
• Forwarders and other service providers.
• IT system providers for logistics and freight procurement.
• Other major shippers/peers.
• External organizations impacting on container shipping.
In-depth knowledge of container shipping business.
• All-round understanding of Electrolux business.
• Interest in providing support to colleagues to keep business running at all times.
• Ability to look beyond daily issues and drive strategic developments.
• Basic financial understanding.
• Sharing of information with colleagues.
• Similar background – min. 2-3 years.
• Able to support Electrolux entities globally with high degree of flexibility in respect of time zones and the frequent urgency of the work
• Persistent and demanding
• Driven to challenge status
• Respectful of cultural sensitivities and differences
• Able to communicate and win confidence internally and externally at all levels to establish “fair process”
Spanish is preferred.
English at high level, both spoken and written, is essential.