Maintenance Engineering Supervisor - 3rd Shift - Springfield, TN (T)
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will apply engineering concepts to optimize equipment, procedures, and departmental budgets to achieve better maintainability, reliability, and availability of equipment. The Maintenance Engineer will champion 1-3-yearr improvement plans for equipment while supporting operations and implementing countermeasures to chronic problems. You will identify and implement solutions to eliminate variation within operations and MRO expenditures. You will help to lead and direct a maintenance team to complete projects and repairs on time while ensuring safety procedures compliance. You will be responsible for performing a variety of engineering duties related to the planning and optimization of equipment and control systems to identify and implement improvement activities that result in reduced MRO cost and increased equipment uptime in a high speed/high volume manufacturing facility. You will work with manufacturing leaders to identify improvements with current equipment and data systems and help to develop detailed project scopes and project plans to implement improvements into the manufacturing environment.
- Develop equipment performance requirements for the facility and implement management system to ensure achievement by coordinating repairs and refurbishments within approved budgetary guidelines. Perform vendor searches and equipment evaluation to ensure adequate capability to support production demand
- Champion new technology and predictive tools to improve overall operations (reduce cost, increase MTBF and decrease MTTR) and function as a true change agent to bring about cultural and physical change resulting in long term improvement for the maintenance organization
- Analyze chronic equipment failures with the intent of implementing technical solutions that prevent reoccurrence and attend process review and safety/ergonomic buyoff meetings for new equipment and support budget development as applicable
- Generates capital investment request (IR's) required for refurbishment and new equipment and to help manage and control expenditures to ensure compliance with timing and budget requirements
- Coordinate with management to ensure that proper operating procedures are carried out and to avoid system malfunctions through dedicated maintenance programs and cooperate with operations, planners and engineering to maximize efficient productivity
- Create detailed task lists, resource requirements and timelines; audits, maintains, and reports progress on a regular basis and provides daily shift activities, issues and resolution, emerging issues and concerns reporting
- Ensure daily preventive maintenance activities are performed by implementing the activities of the maintenance organization in the relevant field (electronic, mechanical, etc.) including assisting with procurement of parts, equipment and tools
- Support facility management and all lean (EMS) plan and activities affecting the relevant maintenance area to ensure immediate maintenance intervention to solve any maintenance issues in the relevant field and follow up actions necessary
- Administer time and attendance for all direct reports using the Kronos time management system to ensure direct reports are paid correctly and in a timely manner
- Maintain continual efforts consistent with minimizing scrap, rework, and controlling costs of expendables and product
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You get to know your stuff and can articulate it well, building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
- You understand good negotiations begin long before doing a deal, through building good working relationships, understanding your suppliers’ motivations and starting from a confident position.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical) or Business-related field
- Minimum 3 years engineering, 2 years supervision experience working in a manufacturing environment with skilled trades and operations
- Strong computer skills particularly Microsoft Office applications and CAD
- Knowledge of PLCs and VFDs with the ability to troubleshoot
- Familiar with HMIs and ability to use HMIs.
- Experience working with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems CMMS programs
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and controls systems including electrical, electronic, motor control center, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and temperature controls and robotics
- Experienced in Waste Elimination, Autonomous Maintenance, Predictive Tools and Programs and OEE
- Experienced in Project Management (Scope Development, Budgeting skills, Risk Management, etc.) with the ability to read/understand logic and flow diagrams for program design, programming, simulation and testing, and start-up