Supervision of maintenance personnel who perform
maintenance on the machinery and equipment. Developing preventative maintenance
programs to minimize production downtime and ensure worker safety. Also make recommendations on and
coordinate assigned capital projects. Champion the Lean Maintenance Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise maintenance personnel.
- Training of maintenance personnel.
- Maintain all machinery and equipment, preventative, predictive, corrective execution of maintenance plans.
- Develop and monitor a preventative maintenance program to minimize production downtime and ensure worker safety.
- Supervise the installation and maintenance of equipment such as: presses, conveyors, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, welders, gas systems, and burners, heating equipment and controls, plumbing and piping systems.
- Insure all equipment is kept to OSHA safety standards.
- Maintain knowledge of all spare parts and their location.
- Maintain weekly safety meetings to insure safety is kept to its highest level.
- Make recommendations and coordinate assigned capital projects.
- Review daily work and monitor efficiency of work performed.
- Review maintenance requests and safety reports to schedule workload so that priority items are done first.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BASIC SKILLS:
- B.S. Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years supervisory experience in industrial maintenance required.
- Must be proficient at mechanical, pneumatic, electric and hydraulic equipment troubleshooting.
- Must be familiar with industrial air compressors, pneumatic systems and lubricants.
- Must be capable of understanding complex equipment prints and manuals.
- Must be aggressive and a self-starter.
- Must work well with people.
- Must have strong communication and team skills.
- Basic computer knowledge required (MS Office and Equipment Maintenance Scheduling software).