Maintenance & Reliability Leader
MORE stands for Maintenance Operations Reliability Excellence and it is Electrolux’s maintenance and reliability continuous improvement program to be implemented in all manufacturing sites.
The mission of the Global North American Maintenance Leader as part of the Global MORE team is to implement the MORE program in all North American factories. Additionally this will drive the implementation of projects and initiatives that improve program efficiency and effectiveness while reducing overall cost.
The MORE program site evaluations are to be conducted annually by the BA Maintenance leaders. This annual event is conducted as a face to face review and workshop with the plant reliability team and MORE leader.
This position reports directly to the Global Maintenance Director.
It is the responsibility of the North American Maintenance Leader to:
- Ensure timely and accurate OEE and KPI data from the reporting sites into the global database.
- Drive monthly calls with the factory Maintenance leaders to ensure each site is achieving the assigned goals. Drive additional recovery action plans as required.
- Conduct annual physical audits of the factories to assess their conformation to MORE program
- Work with the factory MORE teams to identify projects and initiatives to improve program KPI’s
- Interact with the other Business Area MORE leaders for monthly reporting and best practice sharing.
- Develop and maintain annual timelines for actions and events for the North American MORE programs and teams.
- Evaluate the skills of the plant level MORE Leaders and provide training to ensure highly effective program leadership.
- Coordinate deeper analysis of data and results to determine possible actions and provide insight into current kpi performance.
- Together with the Global Reliability Project Manager develop and implement project roadmaps for the NA business area.
- Coordinate and lead regular communications meetings with North American senior leadership, Global Maintenance Director as required.
- Together with the NA communications teams, develop intranet (e-Gate) article pipelines to communicate developments in the sector MORE program.
- Encourage and coach the factory MORE teams to submit high value best practices to be included in future program upgrades.
- Drive and organize an annual best practice workshop with the North American MORE leaders.
- Work with the plant maintenance teams and Global Reliability Project Manager to develop capital plans for submission and approval into the BA capital plan.
- Work with the plant maintenance managers to develop annual budgets using activity based budgeting.
- Define technical training strategies to improve reliability
- Ensure all BA factory Maintenance organizations in the sector are in line with global standards
- Drive the rFMEA process for new equipment ensuring all new equipment has the required level of reliability needed.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- At least 5 years’ experience working with maintenance strategies and KPI’s for maintenance and reliability. Experience with the Electrolux MORE program and the Electrolux Management System (EMS) is strongly recommended. (Or other continuous improvement programs for manufacturing).
- A minimum of an engineering degree is required in either mechanical or electrical disciplines. An appropriate advanced technical degree is preferred.
- Exceptionally strong communications and interpersonal skills needed to ensure success in a global multicultural, environment. The ability to motivate and lead to successful completion, projects and initiatives at the plant and business area level.
- Global and domestic travel requirements at least 40%.
- Spanish communication skills is required.