directs all operations within a specified department including but not
limited to, training employees, safety, meeting quality goals, reducing
downtime, reducing rejected materials, oversees the coordination of material
staging and flow, increasing department productivity, identifying employee
issues and addresses and resolves them in a timely manner, reducing
employee turnover and assuring department preparedness. Must lead by example
and effectively communicate with employees at all levels both within and
outside of the department. Must lead by example in attendance.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides leadership to ensure:
- All safety goals are achieved ( 5S, sock drawer, housekeeping, etc.)
- All department quality goals are achieved
- All customer delivery requirements are met
- Department runs in a cost effective manner (proper manning, line speed, scrap, etc.)
- Positive employee morale by fostering an atmosphere of open communication with employees
- Provide constant information and training regarding daily changes and requirements
- Seek all available resources to support employees and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Reduce turnover, improve absenteeism and tardiness
- Expected to treat all employees with respect.
- Praise in public and discipline in private.
- Environmental objectives are achieved
- High School diploma or GED or 3 to 5 years Electrolux experience with working knowledge of required processes or five years previous outside supervisory experience in a related field.
- Associates Degree or higher preferred
- Excellent attendance record in previous positions.
- Math Level II
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar software program preferred
- Experience in team building and employee motivation and effective communication
- Communicate clearly and concisely in English both verbally and in writing
- Have or able to obtain EMS Team Leader Training, EMS Change Agent and Green Gear Certification within 6 to 9 months of being in the Supervisor/Unit Leader position
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus
- Ability to bend, stoop, grip, reach and lift up to 40 lbs. on a repetitive basis
- Able to stand the majority of the shift to perform duties