A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
Employee will be responsible for the execution of the Maintenance Department. He or she will be responsible for the basic administration, area organization, condition and general oversight of the required shop areas and mini shop service centers. Employee will lead the cost reduction projects, manage MROP, warranty, asset studies as related to inventory, execute projects to effectively manage assets and manpower associated with the operation arena. Employee will interact with customers to map, identify, catalog the process areas for improvement utilized at the site and deploy and manage the resources required to complete the task at hand. He or she will provide the overall execution of the CMMS, EAM, and Preventive Maintenance System, project management, predictive maintenance, and visual displays inside the operational arenas. The continuous improvement process will include machine and tooling specifics, continuously evaluating the performance, future modifications related to the performance, cost of the machine and manpower to lean the manufacturing process. He or she will act as a team lead for the continuous improvement teams, lead and participate on teams to process and map interruptions or failures through VSM, identify the areas of possible waste and develop projects for the elimination of waste in the environment. He or she should have the ability to develop presentations associated with all the processes identified.
- Interview process and hiring of skilled trades.
- Deployment of CMMS, EAM systems, asset monitoring, longevity improvements, kaizen team establishment for the improvements of assets.
- PM Compliance, MTBF, MTBR targets and schedule compliance.
- Survey the customer for satisfactory work results, define possible areas of concern and deploy an improvement plan.
- Identify possible inventory of spare parts, asset review to determine requirements and compliance.
- Executes and communicates directly with the operations centers to support the operational goal.
- Implement projects inside timelines as to achieve operational goals.
- Conduct performance reviews on hourly and develop improvement plans / training for employees.
- Continuously monitor, analyze data, evaluate new concepts and deploy project plans to improve the operational assets.
- Specificity for labor, tooling and equipment to support the business unit requirements.
- Troubleshooting skills as related to tooling and equipment. Close association with the skilled trades group & manufacturing associates on a daily basis to evaluate & improve overall machine efficiency.
- Draft and deployment of TPM across the floor of the operation.
- Conducts OSHA / TOSHA / TDOT / NFPA70e compliance calendar safety and machine training.
- Responsible for general management of skilled trades and systems as required.
- Plan and establish work schedules and assignments to meet daily goals.
- Provide consistent administration of company policies, procedures, and work practices.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Maintenance Management experience of a Manufacturing arena is a requirement, high speed assembly, welding equipment, press equipment and finishing equipment is a plus. Experience in industrial maintenance of various forms of automated equipment, conveyor systems, material handling devices and packaging equipment.
- Embraces Lean concepts, strives and drives the continuous improvement through the theater of operation. VSM, waste elimination, 5S, Kaizen, process certification.
- Technical skills in the manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, production equipment and tooling specification and capital improvement costing and proposals.
- Computer proficiency is required. The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities with experience in problem (root cause) analysis and problem resolution skills.
- CMMS experience, execution, operation, and general working knowledge. Must have ability to understand blueprints, detailed schematics and PM programs and routines.
- Machine controls, hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC experience, basic troubleshooting, and utility functions.
- Engineering experience in automated and hand assembly equipment with direct involvement in leading lower level engineers and maintenance technicians
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in leading process improvements through 5-S and other work balance and labor-saving initiatives. Demonstrated “ownership” in equipment/process uptime and efficiencies and utilization.
- Experience in development and execution of preventive and predictive maintenance schedules to insure continuous uptime of equipment in area of responsibility.