Maintenance Technician - 3rd Shift
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties)
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Responsible for maintaining and/or repairing company production and support equipment. Repairs and maintains all plant production machinery in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, manufacturer's specifications and blueprints. Perform tasks related to preventative maintenance, mechanical machine repairs, inspection and testing of equipment and specific projects. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability.
- Install, maintain and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in the facility.
- Understands that performing job tasks in a safe manner is the highest priority.
- Completes preventative maintenance sheets issued by scheduler/planner, maintenance lead mechanic, supervisor or maintenance manager.
- Inspects plant equipment for proper working condition and safe operation.
- Reduce unplanned stoppages through effective Root Cause Analysis.
- Cultivate (through active participation in the team) an environment that helps to build and strengthen the team concept and sets the culture of that Zero Safety Incidents, Zero Quality Defects, and Zero Preventable Stoppages is achievable.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals blueprints and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You are open to opportunity and can see the bigger picture, keeping colleagues front of mind as you embrace the opportunities that our diversity offers.
- You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Highschool degree required or GED equivalent.
- Associate’s degree in maintenance technology and/ or technical trade certificate a plus.
- 5 plus years’ experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanics and basic electrical repair.
- Experience in Microsoft Office is a plus. Must be able to operate a computer and a tablet (iOS and android).
- Ability to read and interpret documents & drawings and write detailed repair reports.
- The physical demands described here are representative, but not limited to, of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position is very active and requires frequent (4 to 12 hours) standing, walking (on concrete surfaces), bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, squatting, crawling, twisting, climbing, perform repetitive movements, and perform work from ground level to overhead, (Or otherwise awkward positions necessary to fix equipment).
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move items over 50 pounds with assistance
- Lifting shoulder high up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, bend to 90 degrees repeatedly.
- Ability to work in unusual or extreme elements; such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Ability to work safely from a ladder.
- Ability to operate a scissor lift, boom, and bucket lift and work at heights of up to 30 feet.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work will require very fine dexterity, tactile sensitivity and extreme muscular control of the hands.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.