Manager, Casualty Claims
Electrolux North America, Inc. is the holding company for the North American operations of AB Electrolux, a global leader in the manufacture of appliances. Our products include refrigerators, freezers, dishwashers, ranges, washing machines, dryers and vacuum cleaners under familiar band names including Frigidaire, Tappan, and Electrolux. Electrolux is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and the North American headquarters are located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
This position is responsible for all aspects of general liability and products liability claims management. This position reports directly to the Head of Risk Management for North America.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage staff of products liability Team Leads, Adjusters, and Analysts ensuring fair and timely adjudication of claims while maintaining the highest levels of customer service.
- Manage TPA and other claim vendor relationships.
- Develop standardized processes and procedures to improve efficiency, ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, and minimize TCOR.
- Enhance and update Best Practices as needed.
- Develop staff to ensure claims are handled in a consistent and fair manner.
- Determine training requirements for each staff member and ensure that training is successfully completed.
- Ensure compliance with state adjuster licensing requirements.
- Optimize the use of the department RMIS (Riskonnect).
- Establish and manage a program to maximize subrogation opportunities.
- Maintain and monitor a part tracking and storage program to help maximize recovery opportunities.
- Review and update standardized processes and procedures to ensure that all claims are properly reserved.
- Manage quarterly file reviews with Legal to ensure litigated claims are properly reserved.
- Collaborate with Legal, Supply Chain, Quality and other areas of the company to help reduce claim frequency.
- Ensure excess carriers are provided with timely notice of loss as required.
- Negotiate vendor contracts with TPAs, field investigators, etc.
- Negotiate claim handling agreements with suppliers and OEM manufacturers regarding the tendering and subrogating of claims.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- BBA/BS degree; Risk Management & Insurance major a plus
- 10+ years of claims management experience is preferable
- 5+ years of products liability claims experience
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- RMIS / data analysis experience
- Operates with a sense of urgency
- Positive, can do attitude
- Solid negotiation skills
- Industry professional designations are a plus (CPCU, ARM, AIC, etc.)