Manager, Product Line Finance, Food Preparation
With ambitions as big as ours, we need powerful guardians to guide our business strategy. As our Finance function continues to grow and mature into its role as a driving force for the business, our Finance people are finding lots of opportunities to apply their skills and competences in different ways. As Manager, Product Line Finance, you will shape, influence and collaborate in order to drive growth and change within our Frigidaire and Electrolux branded Food Preparation Product Line.
lead and develop the Food Preparation Product Line Finance team. As the finance business partner for the VP of
the Food Preparation Product Line, you will provide the financial acumen
required to deliver on business strategies, demands and targets. You will
contribute significantly to support, develop and implement the regional financial
and business strategy.
You will positively impact the Food Preparation Product Line’s ability to forecast, monitor, control, and reduce expense, track and analyse key performance indicators, and drive the Finance agenda through financial analytics for the product line.
- Be a strong business partner and collaborator to the product line team in the execution and definition of the business strategy
- Further develop a strong product line finance team for Food Preparation. This includes continuing to develop the competencies and collaboration for the team through people development and coaching.
- Build a critical link between the sales, marketing, product development and product line operations groups and provide valuable analysis, reporting and actionable insights.
- Provide the financial acumen required to deliver on the financial and business strategies of the product line by providing proposed action steps to ensure delivery of financial targets and commitments.
- Manages and controls the financial activities, transactions and resources (people, processes, and systems) of the product line while helping to drive standardization and continuous improvement. This includes the forecasting, month-end closing, variance analysis, inventory accuracy, internal controls, R&D expenditures, etc.
- Oversees and leads the financial activities of the Food Preparation Product Line, including both the P&L and balance sheet as well as strategic planning. This includes understanding and providing financial information (trends, etc.) to the product line and BA NA leadership team.
- Participates in the ongoing business management by providing counsel to plant managers, senior operations leaders and other business managers relating to SKU performance and cost/mix improvement activities.
Supports significant NA projects that will touch both manufacturing and product platforms, as well as strengthen the project controlling function for smaller investments.
- Effectively communicates and coordinates the exchange of financial information (plans, act[JA1]ual results and outlook) to key stakeholders. This includes the strategic plan, annual budget, forecasts, management reporting, and investment requests.
- Contributes to the vision and implementation of strategic long range plans, capital investments, product launches, restructuring projects and critical ad-hoc opportunities. Builds cross-functional credibility, confidence, and collaboration with other functional areas.
- Evaluates projects that support additional investment or enhance the current development of assets and resources with the goal of improving the profitability of the product line
- Effectively partners with the product line leadership and finance leadership team to provide accurate, timely information and analysis on the current and forecasted business results
- Provides Food Preparation Product Line leadership with proposed action steps to ensure delivery of financial targets, improve performance, drive out costs and provide meaningful information to drive decision making.
- Provides financial support analysis to the S&OP team
- Identifies, leads and develops talent in order to maximize individual, team and organizational effectiveness in meeting organizational and functional goals. This may include: selection and on-boarding of talent, communicating effectively to foster a culture of engagement, cascading vision, creating goal alignment, and coaching through feedback, development planning and performance management
- Manages and executes special projects as assigned.
- You possess a bachelor’s degree in business, finance or a related field and preferably a master’s degree, CPA or CMA. You have 7+ years of experience in relevant finance roles, preferably in a consumer products manufacturing environment and 2+ years of leadership experience.
- You possess an innovative mind-set with the ability to execute strategic initiatives that drive performance and have project management experience, leading and working with diverse individuals in cross-functional teams.
- You bring passion for the business, the highest integrity and you are a strong influencer.
- You are a doer with an exceptionally strong work ethic and transparency and you inspire the same in others.
- You demonstrate a drive for improving business results and pursue and achieve them with resilience.
- You have an expectant, positive, proactive attitude and ‘can do’ spirit to drive change and can demonstrate a history of driving for higher business performance in a fast paced environment.
- You look beyond the financial area, thinking about the business as a whole and you can proactively seek out opportunities and articulate and develop action plans to capture these opportunities.
- You have strong business acumen and build strategic partnerships to effectively collaborate with others to drive business results.
- You have demonstrated experience in financial reporting and analysis, cost reduction, inventory control, tracking and managing costs and results against a budget with the ability to think strategically as well as manage and handle the details
- You have strong technical skills including experience working with large ERP systems and Microsoft Office
- You have strong analytical skills with the ability to solve unstructured business and financial problems and lead multiple priorities with little day to day direction.
The ideal candidate must have high energy, charisma and a positive attitude. You have well developed managerial and leadership skills and impact business performance. You are great at establishing and nurturing a solid and sustainable network with peers and colleagues in an international environment and you act as an agent of change.