Managing Director, South Africa
Benoni, South Africa
At Electrolux we are passionate about improving everyday life for millions of people and the planet. It’s embodied in everything we do. We believe that great tasting food brings people together. That our favorite clothes bring out the best in us. And that the home should be a place for wellbeing, a place to care for ourselves and our loved ones.
For our core market in APAC & MEA, we are now looking for Managing Director South Africa to drive the delivery of best in class Taste, Care and Wellbeing experiences to our current and future consumers in this market.
We are looking for a dynamic, strategic and proactive leader, able to shape the commercial agenda, with strong executive presence and capable of engaging with colleagues, senior management and customers in order to deliver on business priorities.
This is a critical appointment and requires a leader with exceptional skills in the commercial arena, change management and people leadership. With experience within a large-scale, international and highly complex environment, the successful candidate will have led substantial change initiatives that create step-change improvements in company performance through the various commercial and leadership initiatives.
The person will be an experienced and well-rounded commercial leader, knowledgeable in South Africa market, with the potential to grow further within the organization and to add to the “bench-strength” for future succession into the senior business area roles.
Key components of the role:
- Leadership, development and delivery of the South Africa business strategy within overall business area and global Electrolux strategy
- Through great people and business leadership facilitate revenue growth and growth of bottom line profitability.
- Enhance operating and management systems, ways of working and processes where necessary to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Providing hands on leadership to the sales teams, management of key customer relationships
- Attract, retain and develop top talent, focusing on succession planning and the cultivation of a best-in-class leadership team.
- Ensure that Electrolux’s business operates in a way that is compliant aligns with Electrolux purpose, policies and procedures and statutory and / or regulatory requirements.
Electrolux is open to a variety of backgrounds and experiences, but the ideal applicant will showcase proven business and people leadership experience with full P&L responsibilities. Consumer durable, B2C, appliances industries are preferred. We are looking for:
- High impact executive with international exposure, gained within a consumer-focused organization.
- Proven track record of defining and leading organization transformation and business change initiatives.
- Leader who achieves consensus for change across diverse stakeholder groups, creates pace, and fosters a collaborative and positive working environment across diverse groups.
- Strong business acumen and working knowledge of business functions and processes (Sales, Marketing and Brand, Finance, Supply chain, etc.).
- Able to compare, analyze and prioritize effectively and to provide strategic solutions that can balance competing requirements around speed, quality, cost, innovation and simplification.
- Able to translate strategy into meaningful programs of work and drive to completion, with demonstration of effective portfolio governance, change management, the evolution of business processes and delivery of business benefits on time and on budget.
- Strong people-leadership and management skills preferably gained in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplined environment.
- Driving an inclusive, people first culture, with a track record of building own successors and strong talent development culture
- Strong appetite for change management
- Strong communication, leadership, and influencing skills with the ability to work collaboratively across a matrix environment with enterprise and business unit leadership to influence and drive a broad strategic agenda.
- High energy and a passion for making things happen.
- Comfortable operating with uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Travel within South Africa
- Infrequent travel required for international conferences and meetings, outside of South Africa, mainly to Singapore
What we offer:
- Becoming part of a leading Swedish brand, with a potential to grow South Africa business
- Manage portfolio of leading brands
- Lead and coach a team of committed driven business leaders
- Opportunities to get involved in cross sales areas, global exposure
- Competitive package