Manufactruing Project Engineer-Temporary
The Project manufacturing engineer is responsible to lead and coordinate teams for developing and implementing optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards of the department as well as ownership and up time of said process. Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, cycle times, methods and controls. Coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
Machinery to include pumping and piping controls and systems, silo raw
material piping delivery systems and material handling devices (cranes,
conveyors, turntables, etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates the activities of a multifunctional team for the projects assigned.
- With the team support develops the timeline and plans for the activities from the start to the conclusion.
- Prepares executives reports and make the presentation in English at business level.
- To assure the progress of the project prepares and track a continuous improvement list of activities.
- Keeps communication with corporate groups to get specifications, technical support and coordinate activities.
- Prepares specifications and quotations for labor, tooling and equipment to support the business unit requirements.
- Participates in concurrent engineering design reviews and evaluates and approves drawings, routings, specifications, and other documents.
- Designs and procures tools/equipment and writes appropriation requests.
- Evaluates and solves production problems associated with equipment, maintenance, and/or manufacturing methods.
- Implements root cause analysis and engages manufacturing associates and maintenance technicians in problem solving methods.
- Works closely with maintenance and manufacturing associates daily and conducts training to introduce new processes.
- Responsible to apply all the requirements related to EMS, ISO9000/14000 requirements according to the position.
- Competence with and application of costing methods and value analysis.
- Strategic support to our purchasing team regarding code of conduct issues.
- Conduct code of conduct audits on site at our suppliers.
- Among responsibilities the following environmental information is included, designated but not limited to: Knowledge and comprehension of the plant’s environmental policy, including the established environmental goals, knowing and identifying the environmental aspects and impacts on the area or process to perform, focusing on continuous improvement and keeping operational goals, identifying and segregating chemical residues and materials.
- BS degree Industrial, Mechatronic, Electromechanical or related.
- 5 + years of experience on manufacturing environment or Project leader.
- Fully Bilingual.