The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards of the department as well as ownership and uptime of equipment. Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, cycle times, methods and controls. Coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products. Oversees automated equipment installation, maintenance, and upkeep.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The unique ability to work directly with manufacturing and maintenance associates for problem-solving, buy-in and support of new processes· · Technical skills required in plastics technologies and mold tooling, thermoforming specifications, and extrusion principles, strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of PM systems including predictive maintenance and general maintenance and safety policies and procedures as they relate to a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Experience in motor and PLC controls and programming strongly preferred.
- Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, production equipment and tooling specification and capital improvement costing and proposals.
- Computer proficiency required. The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities with experience in
problem(root cause) analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Engineering experience in automated and hand assembly equipment with direct involvement in leading lower level engineers and maintenance technicians
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in leading process improvements through 5-S and other work balance and labor-saving initiatives. Demonstrated “ownership” in equipment/process uptime and efficiencies and utilization.
- Experience in development of preventative and predictive maintenance schedules to ensure continuous uptime of equipment in
of responsibility. area
- Ability to lead maintenance technicians in
areaof responsibility and work closely with engineers in other departments to solve problems and continuously improve processes, reduce scrap and improve cycle times of equipment.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent engineering field.
- 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- PLC experience (Siemens or Allen-Bradley preferred)
- Mechanical systems experience including packaging, conveying & product handling
- Hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical experience
- AutoCAD experience
- Appliance or similar product manufacturing experience
- Business orientated
- Possess strategic thinking, leadership, decision making and project leadership skills