Juarez, United States
The manufacturing engineer is responsible for developing and implementing optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards of the department as well as ownership and
Machinery to include pumping and piping controls and systems, PLC integrated continuous process equipment, silo raw material piping delivery systems and material handling devices (cranes, conveyors, turntables, etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares specifications and quotations for labor, tooling
andequipment to support the business unit requirements.
- Participates in concurrent engineering design reviews and evaluates and approves drawings, routings, specifications
- Designs and procures tools/equipment and writes appropriation requests.
Evaluates and solves production problems associated with equipment, maintenance, and/or manufacturing methods.
- Implements root cause analysis and
engagesmanufacturing associates and maintenance technicians in problem solvingmethods.
- Works closely with maintenance and manufacturing associates on a daily basis
and conductstraining to introduce new processes.
- Responsible to apply all the requirements related to EMS, ISO9000/14000 requirements according to the position.
with andapplication of costing methods and value analysis.
- Strategic support to our purchasing team regarding code of conduct issues.
- Conduct code of conduct audits on site at our suppliers.
- Among responsibilities the following environmental information is included, designated but not limited to: Knowledge and comprehension of the plant’s environmental policy, including the established environmental goals, knowing and identifying the environmental aspects and impacts on the area or process to perform, focusing on continuous improvement and keeping operational goals, identifying and segregating chemical residues and materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required.
- The unique ability to work directly with manufacturing and maintenance associates for problem solving, buy-in and support of new processes. Prior management of manufacturing maintenance personnel required.
- Must have knowledge of PM systems and general maintenance policies and procedures as they relate to a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Significant experience in motor and PLC controls and programming.
- Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, production equipment and tooling specification and capital improvement costing and proposals.
- Computer proficiency required. The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities with experience in
problem(root cause) analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Experience in equipment used in the raw material delivery and storage systems as well as process piping and pumping equipment and specifications of volatile foam agents.
- Chemical knowledge to include reactivity of volatile agents and
impactof outside variables such as temperature, humidity, reaction time, etc.
- Experience in
developmentof preventative and predictive maintenance schedules to insurecontinuous uptime of equipment in areaof responsibility. Volatile chemical reaction experience a definite plus in this position. Knowledge of Isocyanate and Polyol blend chemicals also desirous.
- Significant experience and understanding of PLC and motor
controlsin a continuous process system.
- Ability to lead maintenance technicians in
areaof responsibility and work closely with engineers in other departments to solve problems and continuously improve processes, reduce scrap and improve cycle times of equipment.
- Industrial experience and knowledge of one or more of the following processes; bending process, automatization, foam process, plastics process, material handling, and material flow.
- Knowledge of OEE.
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirement for Manufacturing Engineering Specification and the ability to write specifications.
- Computer experience with a demonstrated competence in PCs and the use of on-line systems both manufacturing and engineering.