As a critical member of the Operations team; the position responsibilities are to develop and improve the manufacturing processes through analyzing products and manufacturing methods. This role is intended to evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manufacturing process support – Solicit observations from operators and managers of process methodologies to maintain and advance manufacturing. Tasks include support of OEE,
PM’sand resource acquisitions.
- Engineering Change Notice Management – Manage the ECN process from change notice through implementation. Review changes in
BOM’sand technical drawings from a mechanical and ease of manufacturability standpoint.
- Structure and Maintenance of Production Routings – Setup and adjust as needed the order of operation and affiliated time of tasks required for the fabrication and manufacturing processes within the production process.
- Bill-Of-Material Review – Evaluate single and multi-level
BOM’sfor correctness of raw materials, sub-assemblies, sub-components andquantities of each needed to produce a product.
- System Integrity – Maintain the completeness and accuracy of the ERP system parameters as it relates to supporting effective BOM’s and Routings
- Production Troubleshooting – Must have the ability to problem solve, often applied to repair failed products or processes on machines or a system of both manufactured goods as well as supporting equipment. This includes the isolation of specific cause of the symptom as well as corrective actions to prevent further failures.
- Continuous Improvements - Actively engaged in cultural and method related opportunities for improvement of products, services
andprocesses to support business goals and objectives.
- Lean Manufacturing – Work
cross functionallywith the Customer Service, Sales, Supply Chain, Engineering, Quality, and Operations teams to implement lean strategies for improvement.
- Cross Functional Support – Actively engaged in company goals achievement to support company growth. Embrace, and help others to embrace, the company culture. Volunteer to participate in activities for the betterment of the company.
- Work with all intercompany disciplines to develop and implement organizational goals.
- Data Collection for KPI’s – Gathering and measuring information on targeted business objective variables in an established and systematic fashion; enable relevant questions and ability to evaluate outcomes.
- Standard Operating Procedure Documentation – Establish, prescribe and document methods to be followed routinely for
repeatable performance of designated operations. highquality
DegreeManufacturing Engineering or alike
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project)
- Demonstrated experience with the use of ERP systems and tools (BAAN, Oracle, JDE, SAP)
- Proven project management skills
- Understanding of statistical data analysis
- Ability to read and comprehend mechanical prints and specifications
hands onmechanical aptitude (repair, build, design)
- Innovative thinker - Explore creative and innovative solutions to work through issues and problems
- Lean Manufacturing skill set is preferred
- CAD Experience is desirable
- Experience with UL/ETL/NSF & ISO is a plus