A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The manufacturing engineer is responsible for developing and implementing optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards of the department as well as ownership and up time of said equipment. Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, cycle times, methods and controls. Coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products. Oversees automated equipment installation, maintenance and up keep.
Machinery to include pumping and piping controls and systems, PLC integrated continuous process equipment, silo raw material piping delivery systems and material handling devices (cranes, conveyors, turntables, etc.).
- Prepares specifications and quotations for labor, tooling and equipment to support the business unit requirements.
- Participates in concurrent engineering design reviews and evaluates and approves drawings, routings, specifications and other documents.
- Designs and procures tools/equipment and writes appropriation requests.
- Evaluates and solves production problems associated with equipment, maintenance, and/or manufacturing methods.
- Implements root cause analysis and engages manufacturing associates and maintenance technicians in problem solving methods.
- Works closely with maintenance and manufacturing associates on a daily basis and conducts training to introduce new processes.
- Responsible to apply all the requirements related to EMS, ISO9000/14000 requirements according to the position.
- Competence with and application of costing methods and value analysis.
- Strategic support to our purchasing team regarding code of conduct issues.
- Conduct code of conduct audits on site at our suppliers.
- Among responsibilities the following environmental information is included, designated but not limited to: Knowledge and comprehension of the plant’s environmental policy, including the established environmental goals, knowing and identifying the environmental aspects and impacts on the area or process to perform, focusing on continuous improvement and keeping operational goals, identifying and segregating chemical residues and materials.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
- You are open to opportunity and can see the bigger picture, keeping colleagues front of mind as you embrace the opportunities that our diversity offers.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- BS degree Industrial, Mechatronic, Electromechanical or related
- Minimum 5+ years of Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, production equipment and tooling specification and capital improvement costing and proposals.
- Minimum 1 year experience with mechanical press operations
- Minimum of 2+ years data analysis
- The unique ability to work directly with manufacturing and maintenance associates for problem solving, buy-in and support of new processes. Prior management of manufacturing maintenance personnel required.
- Must have knowledge of PM systems and general maintenance policies and procedures as they relate to a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Significant experience in motor and PLC controls and programming (Allen Bradley and Siemens) in a continuous process system.
- Computer proficiency required. The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities with experience in problem (root cause) analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Experience in development of preventative and predictive maintenance schedules to insure continuous uptime of equipment in area of responsibility.
- Ability to lead maintenance technicians in area of responsibility and work closely with engineers in other departments to solve problems and continuously improve processes, reduce scrap and improve cycle times of equipment.
- Industrial experience and knowledge of one or more of the following processes; bending process, automatization, foam process, plastics process, material handling, and material flow.
- Knowledge of OEE.
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirement for Manufacturing Engineering Specification and the ability to write specifications.
- Computer experience with a demonstrated competence in PCs and the use of on-line systems both manufacturing and engineering.
- Experience in equipment used in the raw material delivery and storage systems as well as process piping and pumping equipment and specifications of volatile foam agents.
- Chemical knowledge to include reactivity of volatile agents and impact of outside variables such as temperature, humidity, reaction time, etc.
- Volatile chemical reaction experience is a plus in this position. Knowledge of Isocyanate and Polyol blend chemicals also desired.