A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will be responsible for developing and implementing optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards of the department as well as ownership and up time of said equipment. You will recommend and implement improvements to production processes, cycle times, methods, and controls. You will help to coordinate manufacturing launch for new or revised products and oversee the automated equipment installation, maintenance, and upkeep. You will prepare specifications and quotations for labor, tooling and equipment to support the business unit requirements for machinery including pumping and piping controls and systems, PLC integrated continuous process equipment, silo raw material piping delivery systems and material handling devices (cranes, conveyors, turntables, etc.).
- Designs and procures tools/equipment and writes appropriation requests as well as participates in concurrent engineering design reviews and evaluates and approves drawings, routings, and specifications and other documents
- Evaluates and solves production problems associated with equipment, maintenance, and/or manufacturing methods
- Implements root cause analysis and engages manufacturing associates and maintenance technicians in problem solving methods
- Works closely with maintenance and manufacturing associates on a daily basis and conducts training to introduce new processes
- Responsible to apply all the requirements related to EMS, ISO9001/14001 requirements according to the position
- Competence with and application of costing methods and value analysis with strategic support to our purchasing team regarding code of conduct issues
- Conduct code of conduct audits on site at our suppliers
- Among responsibilities the following environmental information is included, designated but not limited to:
- Knowledge and comprehension of the plant’s environmental policy, including the established environmental goals, knowing, and identifying the environmental aspects
- Impacts on the area or process to perform, focusing on continuous improvement and keeping operational goals, identifying, and segregating chemical residues and materials
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You know your stuff and apply your knowledge and new ways of thinking to innovate new ways of working.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required
- Experience and knowledge of TPM/PM systems and general maintenance, safety policies and procedures as they relate to a heavy manufacturing environment with significant experience in motor and PLC controls and programming
- Industrial experience and technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, production equipment and tooling specification and capital improvement costing and proposals but not limited to bending process, automatization, foam process, plastics process, material handling, and material flow
- English written and spoken 90%
- Experience working with equipment suppliers, process and equipment transference
- Significant experience and understanding of PLC and motor controls in a continuous process system and knowledge of OEE
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirement for Manufacturing Engineering Specification and the ability to write specifications
- Prior management of manufacturing maintenance personnel required working directly with manufacturing and maintenance associates for problem solving, buy-in and support of new processes
- Computer proficiency required with a demonstrated competence in PCs and the use of on-line systems both manufacturing and engineering
- Experience in equipment used in the raw material delivery and storage systems as well as process piping and pumping equipment and specifications of volatile foam agents
- Chemical knowledge to include reactivity of volatile agents and impact of outside variables such as temperature, humidity, reaction time, etc. (knowledge of Isocyanate and Polyol blend chemicals preferred)
- Experience in development of preventative and predictive maintenance schedules to insure continuous uptime of equipment in area of responsibility