Manufacturing Engineer – Metal Fabrication Engineer
This is a corporate level position based in our Anderson, SC refrigeration plant responsible for engineering activities to improve the fabrication process in the areas of safety, efficiency, quality, and cost. Services are provided in the area of Process Improvement Engineering to ensure productivity levels are obtained and sustainable. The position will be responsible for the research, design, and development of fabricated products. The Manufacturing Engineer – Fabrication will partner with design engineers and suggest measures to develop cost-efficient and aesthetically pleasing designs. Performs other miscellaneous assignments, as directed, to support facility, manufacturing and engineering functions.
The successful candidate will be a leader of people, fostering collaboration and team building while upholding the organization’s core values.
Typical deliverables: Individual annual cost savings of $1 million in
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for providing material specifications and testing the quality of material before production starts.
- Analyze, plan and implement solutions to create/provide efficient fabrication processes.
- Develop material handling requirements to facilitate fabrication and delivery to production.
- Design and implement factory layout projects considering Lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Assist planning with project plans and budget reporting where required
- Develop and implement production performance metrics, to allow analysis for identifying continuous improvement opportunities.
- Works directly with manufacturing in a team environment for problem-solving, buy-in and support of new processes.
- Workstation design (Layouts), standardized work definition and FTE development
- Standard time studies & line balancing
- Specify, procure and install equipment for the fabrication process.
- Assist pilot runs & new model introduction process
- Work with manufacturing on continuous improvement for all manufacturing processes related to fabrication
- Project management
- Train & develop other team members to an appropriate level.
- Identify Health & Safety requirements for all associated processes.
- BS degree in Engineering OR a minimum of 7 years in a similar role in lieu of degree
- 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Lean manufacturing experience is required. Additional exposure to TPM and Six Sigma preferred
- An analytic, strategic and tactical thinker who can develop strategies, programs and processes that support the short- and long-term business needs.
- Experience in a diverse and matrixed environment.
- Computer literate including AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint & Project
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of engineering design concepts and practices
- Ability to work under strict deadlines without letting the shortage of time affect the quality of work
- Experience diagnosing and resolving design and functional issues arising in the course of a project
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity.
- A hardworking, high-energy individual with a significant amount of stamina and drive.
- Experience in
manufacturingenvironment in areas such as industrial and process improvement engineering and related support areas.
- Significant experience in cross-functional manufacturing processes and thorough understanding of lean manufacturing principles.
- Excellent communication skills and unique ability to provide direction of technical and complex issues to non-technical personnel in a manner that is fully understood and supported.
- Experience in follow up for several projects at
sametime and a track record of successfully completing projects on time.
- Experience in development of preventative and predictive maintenance schedules to ensure continuous uptime of equipment in
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints, and procedure manuals
- Able to work cross-functionally to gain cooperation and efforts needed to deliver
projecton time and on cost targets.
- Schedule project timelines and follow through on all phases including cost, quality, and deliver.
- Negotiation, analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team player
- Ability to travel internationally up to 50% of the time