Manufacturing Engineer-Tooling Specialist
The Manufacturing Engineer/Specialist- Tooling is responsible for performing engineering and technical duties in the maintenance of production tooling. The responsibilities include repair and maintenance of all production tooling, maintaining tool shop and also the tool room equipment. In addition, the position will be responsible for supervision of tooling technicians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct and track tooling process and product projects
- Lead extensive part and tool design reviews and track part design concessions along with tool design changes
- Tool Maintenance: review tooling issues related to component quality issues and production requirements
- Tooling Specifications: review tooling specifications related to part design, produce-ability, production or quality issues
- Troubleshooting: perform root cause analysis to prevent, correct and improve all aspects of tooling
- Tool cost control: maintain tools within budget
- Analyze and interpret data to make engineering recommendations regarding performance or process
- Assist in development of internal tooling
- Develop/Maintain tooling maintenance program for the plant
- Develop tool specifications for initial tooling
- Manage Tool Shop and tooling technicians
- BS degree in technical field with 5+ years’ experience as a in a related role overseeing Thermoforming Tooling, Mold Tooling and/or Stamping Tooling in a manufacturing environment preferred OR equivalent combination of education and experience in a manufacturing environment
- Tooling experience must include build and start-up, plus repair and maintenance of tools. Tool design and modification experience is a plus
- Previous experience leading and/or supervising small teams is preferred.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cross functionally with diverse teams is required for success in this role.