Manufacturing Engineering Co-Op
Identify and implement improvement activities within the manufacturing process in the areas of safety, efficiency, quality
Typical deliverables: On time, on budget delivery of all projects that meet objectives. Develop and implement manufacturing processes to meet
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare technical specifications for equipment including safety and environment according to Global Manufacturing Engineering Guidelines.
- Develop control processes and procedures to maintain consistent process results (Statistical Process Control)
- Supervise equipment installation, in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
- Team-member (Manufacturing Engineering) on the New Product Projects
- Perform the manufacturability analysis of new Products Projects.
- Implement specific Manufacturing Engineering actions for new Product Projects or other Projects (Capacity, Efficiency, Improvements…) in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
- Participate in PFMEA
- Support production feasibility analysis in virtual environments and ensure implementation of digital manufacturing solution.
- Research and facilitate innovative solutions for smart and optimal manufacturing processes
- Support efficiency and improvement programs, in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering
- Design and implement factory layout projects considering Lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Project management
- Perform vendor searches and equipment evaluation to ensure adequatecapability to produce quality product in required quantities at an effective cost.
- Generate capital investment request (IR's) required for new process implementation and controls expenditures to ensure compliance with timing and budget requirements.
- Current student in
- Must be enrolled in college/university's co-op program; Must be able to commit to three rotational semesters.
- Strong computer skills particularly Microsoft Office applications
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of Problem Solving, Process Control Implementation, Continuous Improvement
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to solve complex technical issues.
- Strong aptitude for details, data interpretation and control process implementation (Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, PFMEA).
- Possess the flexibility in reacting to new situations and adaptability for working in a new environment (Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity).
- Strong results orientation and positive "can do" attitude with a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Self-starter; a "hands-on" individual who enjoys
challengeand is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction.
- Team player.
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently.
- Ability to work different shifts and flexible hours to support improvement activities