Manufacturing Engineering Co-Op
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will identify and implement improvement activities within the manufacturing process in the areas of safety, efficiency, quality and cost. The successful candidate will be a technical leader, fostering collaboration and team building while upholding the organization’s core values. He/she will work closely with the Food Preparation Sector team on the development and continuous improvement of a best-in-class manufacturing organization. Typical deliverables include on time, on budget delivery of all projects that meet objectives. Develop and implement manufacturing processes to meet finishing/assembly process area goals (Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery). Support of all manufacturing processes and improvement. You will prepare technical specifications for equipment including safety and environment according to Global Manufacturing Engineering Guidelines.
- Develop control processes and procedures to maintain consistent process results (Statistical Process Control) and supervise equipment installation, in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
- Team-member (Manufacturing Engineering) on the New Product Projects and perform the manufacturability analysis of new Products Projects.
- Implement specific Manufacturing Engineering actions for new Product Projects or other Projects (Capacity, Efficiency, Improvements…) in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
- Participate in PFMEA and support production feasibility analysis in virtual environments and ensure implementation of digital manufacturing solution.
- Research and facilitate innovative solutions for smart and optimal manufacturing processes and support efficiency and improvement programs, in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering
- Design and implement factory layout projects considering Lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Project management and perform vendor searches and equipment evaluation to ensure adequate capability to produce quality product in required quantities at an effective cost.
- Generate capital investment request (IR's) required for new process implementation and controls expenditures to ensure compliance with timing and budget requirements.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You work efficiently and proactively to deliver results.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You seek out the opportunities and set about realising them with a customer first mind-set.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Current student in Engineering discipline
- Must be enrolled in college/university's co-op program; Must be able to commit to three rotational semesters
- Strong computer skills particularly Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of Problem Solving, Process Control Implementation, Continuous Improvement and OEE improvement
- Strong aptitude for details, data interpretation and control process implementation (Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, PFMEA)