Manufacturing Engineering Co-Op (Summer 2021)
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Manufacturing Engineering Co-op will help identify and implement
improvement activities within the manufacturing process in the areas of safety,
efficiency, quality and cost. The
successful candidate will be a technical leader, fostering collaboration and
team building while upholding the organization’s core values. He/she will work
closely with the Food Preparation Sector team on the development and continuous
improvement of a best-in-class manufacturing organization.
Typical deliverables: On time, on budget delivery of all projects that meet objectives. Develop and implement manufacturing processes to meet finishing/assembly process area goals (Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery). Support of all manufacturing processes and improvement.
- Prepare technical specifications for equipment including safety and environment according to Global Manufacturing Engineering Guidelines.
- Develop control processes and procedures to maintain consistent process results (Statistical Process Control)
- Supervise equipment installation, in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
Team-member (Manufacturing Engineering) on the New Product Projects
- Perform the manufacturability analysis of new Products Projects.
- Implement specific Manufacturing Engineering actions for new Product Projects or other Projects (Capacity, Efficiency, Improvements…) in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
- Participate in PFMEA
- Support production feasibility analysis in virtual environments and ensure implementation of digital manufacturing solution.
- Research and facilitate innovative solutions for smart and optimal manufacturing processes
- Support efficiency and improvement programs, in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering
- Design and implement factory layout projects considering Lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Project management
- Perform vendor searches and equipment evaluation to ensure adequate capability to produce quality product in required quantities at an effective cost.
- Generate capital investment request (IR's) required for new process implementation and controls expenditures to ensure compliance with timing and budget requirements.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Current student, or recent graduate, in Engineering discipline
- Strong computer skills particularly Microsoft Office applications
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of Problem Solving, Process Control Implementation, Continuous Improvement and OEE improvement.