Manufacturing Engineering Director
The Manufacturing Engineering Director manages the planning and completion of manufacturing/production engineering projects in four functions: Maintenance, M&E engineer, Industrial Engineering and Facilities Maintenance.
Will be responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of the equipment across the factory.
This includes the design and development of maintenance plans for equipment and facilities, efficient manufacturing processes, tooling
In this role, the ME Director will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy with a high level of cross-functional
Is also responsible
The successful candidate will be both a leader of people and a technical leader, fostering collaboration and team building while upholding the organization’s core values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs and supports the engineering and maintenance functions in standard practices for
capabilityplanning, as well as project, manufacturing engineering, test equipment, machining capabilities, tool design, process engineering andcontract manufacturing design. All with a very strong focus on achieving the highest variable and fixed labor productivity
- Active member of the leadership site team in the planning and execution of the business as well as represents the site in all engineering capabilities, services both internal and external to customers
- Support site cross-functional and
cross sitecontinuous improvement teams for Product Integrity, Program Management, Supply Chain and Manufacturing functions
- Participates in the annual operating plan (AOP) as well as
long rangestrategic planning (LRP) and budgeting process, with budgetary responsibility for the Engineering Departments’ capital planning, process/equipment standardization andtechnology roadmaps
- Provide guidance and direction to direct reports, including setting performance goals and monitoring performance
- Generate capital investment request (IR) required for new process implementation and controls expenditures to ensure compliance with timing and budget requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or at least 7
yearsengineering experience with more than 5 years managerial experience in engineering
- 10 plus years of total manufacturing environment experience; high volume manufacturing setting
- Previous leadership experience
- Master’s degree (preferred)