Manufacturing Engineering Manager
MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING MANAGER
As ME Manager, you will be a member of the Plant Management Team and reporting operationally to the Plant Manager.
You will be operating as head of the Manufacturing Engineering Department of Susegana Plant, in a continuously changing and challenging environment and in particular, in the next few years you will be involved in a big project of Industry 4.0.
You will coordinate the daily activity of the Susegana Plant Manufacturing Engineering Department as Process Engineering, Lean Engineering (time and method), Facility (maintenance and operation, green spirit, energy consumption, Investments) and Maintenance.
You will lead the research, development, investigation, and application of new or existing manufacturing technologies in collaboration with the Global Manufacturing Engineering.
You will lead team to grow, boosting their talents and process ownership as well as inspire, challenge them and drive for exceptional performance.
Key operational responsibilities:
• Apply safety standards in the area of responsibility
• Long term cost reduction, manufacturing process optimization, capacity utilization, energy consumption and waste
• Drive continuous improvement in conversion cost as measured by variable cost per unit and fixed costs per month
• Drive continuous productivity improvement across operation
• Develop and lead manufacturing engineering activities to improve disruption free performance, overall equipment effectiveness and reduce cycle times
• Cooperate with Global Manufacturing Engineering in new products industrialization activities
• Develop plant operating budgets and capital plans
• Analyze and follow-up of new technologies and equipment; Manage Digitalization and Automation projects
• Investment Request Creation and capex follow-up
• Update Plant Layout
• Update Site Specification
• Make or Buy analysis
• Support to reach EMS (Lean system) and Green Spirit KPI
• Introduce and support special projects (fire protection, safety, property audit)
• Ensure production continuity driving all the necessary preventive, intervention and improvement Maintenance
• Technical Degree education (industrial/engineering) or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 5 years in engineering/manufacturing within the similar capacity business and environment
• Team player and able to work under pressure
• Creative and open minded
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Good command of written and spoken English
• Familiarity with quality tools and measurements will be a plus
• Target oriented
• Ability to lead people
• Strong communicator. You are convincing, team player as well as team builder, able to set priorities and with good synthesis and analysis skills, a good leadership and a project-management mindset.