Manufacturing Leader - 1st Shift - Anderson, SC (B)
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Production Supervisor is also responsible for safely and efficiently supervising a team of associates with the manufacturing freezers on time and to quality standards. This person will supervise hourly employees. The supervisory responsibilities will be carried out in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, rewarding and disciplining employees, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Work to develop and implement short and long term strategies to improve the assembly of freezers by focusing on improvement of the safety of the workplace, the quality of the product, and on-time delivery to the customer, while striving to reduce costs.
- Ensure adherence to safety rules.
- Train and retrain team members to assemble freezers according to specification.
- Effectively communicate objectives, results, and plans up, down, and across the organization to maximize efficiency when a situation requires action.
- Treat all team members in a professional manner and promote a positive morale.
- Fairly and uniformly administer the Working Agreement in accordance with company policy, maintaining good employee relations.
- Utilize and lead the Electrolux Manufacturing System.
- Investigate, analyze, research, and recommend solutions to manufacturing related problems and needs using the 5 Why process or a similar root cause corrective action method.
- Study process flow, production methods, and product quality using Lean Manufacturing tools and lead and coordinate team activities to drive improvements.
- Support and drive continual quality improvement by training team members to adhere to standardized work and by driving process capability improvements.
- Be available at least a half hour prior and after shift to ensure a timely shift transition.
- Develop team members and high potential employees in preparation for future leadership needs of organization.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- You understand and empathize with people and can apply your people and problem solving skills to reassuring customers.
- Your enthusiasm is infectious and inspires and engages your colleagues and collaborators to achieve, deliver, be accountable and own their work. You’ll also have the stamina essential to delivering results in both the short and long term.
- You love to explore new ideas and drive continuous improvement, not only to do your best work but to develop your capabilities and acquire new skills.
- You see challenge as opportunity.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- BA or BS degree in a field relevant to manufacturing is preferred.
- Post-secondary training or equivalent experience in management or supervision preferred.
- A minimum of three years of experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Computer knowledge with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and AS400 is required.
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts and extended hours as required.
- Previous experience with root cause corrective action methods.
- Former experience with Lean manufacturing principles.
- 6 Sigma certification preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to drive, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.