Manufacturing Leader,1st Shift, Springfield, TN (P)
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting
the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the
everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning,
and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to
innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Senior Production Supervisor provides leadership and direction to an assigned team and is the manager point of contact for the assigned area. The Senior Manufacturing Leader focuses on strategic continuous improvements and area processes, to deliver line Stability and drive employee engagement improvements. You will provide leadership to team to ensure that all Safety, Quality, Cost and Customer Delivery goals are achieved and help to engage and develop team members through utilization of Skills matrix and coaching skills.
- Provides leadership to team to ensure that all Safety, Quality, Cost and Customer Delivery goals are achieved
- Engages and develops team members through utilization of Skills matrix, training, and coaching
- Creates a positive work environment, fostering open communication and dialogue
- Owns and develops JDS and Skills matrix for department
- Ensures effective performance evaluations, appropriate counseling measures and accurate and timely timecard inputs
- Supports the Electrolux Management System and implements continuous improvement processes and cost savings
- Ability to troubleshoot and lead area problem solving
- Ability to run department in a cost-effective manner to include proper manning, downtime monitor and improvement, tooling performance, etc.
- Supports environmental initiatives
WHO YOU ARE:
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You start and you finish, taking leadership of getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- You understand and empathize with people and can apply your people and problem solving skills to reassuring customers.
- Your enthusiasm is infectious and inspires and engages your colleagues and collaborators to achieve, deliver, be accountable and own their work. You’ll also have the stamina essential to delivering results in both the short and long term.
- You know your stuff and can articulate it well; building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Two-year degree or Journeyman’s Card plus equivalent work experience in tooling
- Prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing tooling environment
- Experienced in team building, employee engagement and development
- Ability to read and interpret documents & drawings and write detailed reports
- Well-versed in process improvement methodologies
- Project management skills
- Experience in leading root cause analysis
- The appropriate candidate for this position is results-oriented, team player, self-starting, dynamic, flexible, and strongly motivated to succeed and deliver.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to provide direction of technical and complex issues to non-technical personnel
- Experience in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge in ERP, Time and Attendance, OEE systems, and PM Programs.
- Knowledge of CAD, Wire EDM, Die Design, AutoCAD, Mills, Lathes, Grinders, CNC Milling Centers, Heat treat, general shop equipment, Apprenticeship Programs, PPAP Process and New Product Launch
- Prior experience in Tool Steel Welding, Toolroom Operations and Robotics is preferred.