DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Manufacturing Manager instructs and assists departmental supervisors and bargaining employees in the proper methods and use of equipment to attain schedules. This person also ensures uninterrupted quality production by employing a wide range of skills and techniques to aid the completion of finished product. The Manufacturing Manager is also responsible for managing inventory levels through planning of all materials as assigned.
- Assists departmental supervisors in balancing manpower daily to attain the most efficient production.
- Assists and trains an efficient workforce in accordance with skills required.
- Assists Supervisors in creating and maintaining Job Detail Sheets (JDS).
- Maintains all company and union policies.
- Maintains close surveillance over operations throughout the day to ensure proper material flow, manpower, equipment usage, and material planning.
- Ensures all materials are on-hand to meet production requirements.
- Administers processes to control safety, quality, cost, and delivery.
- Communicates information pertinent to the overall operations to the Manufacturing Manager.
- Attends daily production meetings, presents, and contributes all pertinent information and communicates with all areas of manufacturing to ensure good customer-supplier relations.
- Manages all assigned supervisors who are directly responsible for front line operations and leadership within the areas of assigned responsibilities. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You start and you finish, taking leadership of getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- With lots of initiative, you always have something to do and thrive on being productive.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- BS Degree required
- 10+ years of Lean manufacturing experience.
- 5+ years managing a high-volume production line.
- Six Sigma Green Belt (preferably Black Belt)
- Trained in DuPont STOP
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and AS400.