Manufacturing Project Engineer
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
Identify and implement improvement activities within the manufacturing process in the areas of safety, efficiency, quality, and cost. The Project Engineer will champion improvement activities, new equipment and manufacturing processes that support industrialization of new products and processes in the assembly process. The successful candidate will be a technical leader, fostering collaboration and team building while upholding the organization’s core values. He/she will work closely with the cooking sector on the development and continuous improvement of a best-in-class manufacturing organization. Typical deliverables: Individual annual cost savings of $1 million in process, product, and manufacturing improvements. On time, on budget delivery of all projects that meet objectives. Support of all manufacturing processes and improvement.
- Prepare technical specifications for equipment according to Global Manufacturing Engineering Guidelines.
- Perform the manufacturability analysis of new Products
- Participate in PFMEA, Design for Automation and Design for Manufacture activities.
- Workstations design, standardized work instructions and manning requirements
- Support feasibility analysis in virtual environments and ensure implementation of digital manufacturing solutions.
- Supervise equipment installations
- Team-member (Manufacturing Engineering) in the New Product Projects
- Implement specific Manufacturing Engineering actions for new Product Projects or other Projects (Capacity, Efficiency, Improvements…) in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
- Research and facilitate innovative solutions for smart and optimal manufacturing processes
- Design and implement factory layout projects considering Lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Project management
- Perform vendor searches and equipment evaluation to ensure adequate capability to produce quality product in required quantities at an effective cost.
- Generate capital investment request (IR's) required for new process implementation and controls expenditures to ensure compliance with timing and budget requirements.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 3+ years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills particularly Microsoft Office applications
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge and demonstrated abilities in Problem Solving, Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement
- Strong aptitude for details and data interpretation (Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control).
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently.
- Ability to work different shifts and flexible hours to support improvement activities
- Ability to travel abroad for equipment reviews and training