Master Data Analyst
To ensure the accuracy, consistency and value of enterprise master and reference data throughout EMA-NA’s applications by establishing data governance best practices.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Establish, improve, and develop MDM data governance best practices and processes.
- Support business and technical requests to create/update master data records appropriately.
- Audit and correct master and reference data as needed.
- Support business processing, data and reporting needs.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS :
MONITOR AND MAINTAIN MASTER DATA:
- Serve as data steward for EMA NA master data, including Material, Vendor, Finance and Customer Master Data.
- Guide and direct Global Shared Services on Master and Reference Data maintenance processes/questions/issues.
- Ensure established controls & processes are followed.
- Implement Data Quality efforts.
- Modify tools, controls and processes to accommodate environmental changes.
- Actively work towards establishing and improving the end to end master data and reporting processes.
- Automate and adapt master and reference data maintenance processes.
- Identify errors/opportunities and develop recommendations for process modifications.
- Create and Update system documentation – processes, tasks, definitions, rules, etc.
- Actively build cross-functional and cross-competence collaboration within and outside the area of responsibility.
- Partner with IT, business and global teams to facilitate data governance efforts.
- Coordinate cross functional resolutions for system and data issues.
- Perform Change Management procedures
- Educate the business through data, application, and process design changes.
- Create ad hoc reports and other support tools for business as needed.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in data analysis and/or accounting.
- Minimum 2 years Intermediate data manipulation skills/experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience Data management and analysis skills including demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft products, data warehouse queries, SQL, etc.
- Minimum 2 years experience with system analysis, design, and integration
- Bachelors Degree; preferably in Information Mgmt, Accounting, Business, or Information Tech.
- Strong communication skills: verbal and written.
- Ability to transform business requirements into a workable design at the functional level.
- Ability to identify, clarify, and resolve issues and risks related to business process designs, interface designs, data conversions, project communications and training escalating them as needed.
- Extremely detailed oriented.
- Strong business aptitude, including having an outward perspective regarding how financial results and data are communicated and analyzed by internal audiences.
- Effective problem solver in a fast paced, multi-tasking, deadline-driven work environment.
- Experience in manufacturing, finance, accounting, supply chain or demand flow.
- Experience in SAP and/or JDE.
- Prior SAP implementation experience preferred.
- CPA, CMA and/or MBA a plus.