The MPS is responsible for balancing supply and demand by managing the resources in order to meet the company goals related to customer service, inventory management and operations planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Plant Finance and BA NZ S&OP process – will the conduit with them and the plant
- Successful new pilot introduction and Ramp-up Plan.
- Creating the scheduling rules & inventory management policies & guidelines.
- Creating demand management strategies.
- Work with HR & Operations to define resource capacity plan.
- Balancing supply and demand.
- Manage inventory avoiding stock outs & obsolescence.
- Work closely with other departments to resolve Engineering, QA, Mfg. issues.
- Communication link between marketing, distribution, engineering, manufacturing, and planning.
- Tracking performance including but not limited to: production, scheduling to orders, customer product availability.
- Call basic conflicts of demand and capacity to the attention of other members of management, especially marketing and manufacturing, who need to participate in resolving the problems.
- Help define the inventories by SKU needed for the manufacturing location transition from the US to Juarez.
- Create the materials planning organizational structure.
- Define roles, responsibilities and job description by position.
- Responsible for the hiring, training and development (career path) of production planners.
- Responsible to apply all the requirements related to EMS, ISO9001/14001 requirements according to the position.
On regards responsibility and authority in matters of safety, hygiene and the environment:
It is the employee's responsibility to work safely, hygienically and in an environmentally responsible manner; focused but not limited to the prevention of incidents and accidents in your work area, section and your colleagues.
the hygiene and safety measures indicated, as well as their participation in
the company's environmental and safety programs, such as but not limited to:
The segregation of materials; the environmental certifications; and the safety health programs that are carried out and in the way that your participation is determined or requested
the authority, all employees have the authority to stop processes, operations
or activities that present a risk in terms of safety, hygiene and the
environment, and that could result in an accident or serious event, as well as
impact on the environment.
Given the sensitivity of a decision of this type on regards the affectation that it represents, it is requested and recommended to have an objective and common sense justification
Purpose: Transform to a better life
Key drivers: Create best work experiences in a sustainable manner, with continuous improvement
- Education: BS degree in Industrial/Operations Management or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in management in materials and logistics areas.
- Strong knowledge of production scheduling, warehouse, and material handling operations, methods, and practices.
- Knowledge of US customs.
- Ability to develop personnel and work groups into high performing teams by visible leadership among all levels of associates.
- Strong knowledge of computer based production scheduling activities with history of development of routings and communication skills to effectively lead change to various processes with no associated production downtime.
- Knowledge on JDE system is a plus.
- CPIM Certification desirable.
- Proficient experience in: Planning and scheduling inventory control Materials and/or purchasing related activities such as purchase order entry, MRP calculation (Explosion & netting), expediting, ABC analysis, cycle counts, etc. proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment while maintaining professional demeanor.
- Experience in establishment of production plan from sales forecast with varying degrees of accuracy. Understanding of manufacturing processes that affect ability to react quickly to unanticipated orders and establishment of inventory levels to support these challenges.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is frequently required to stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.