A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Material Handler is responsible for loading, unloading and moving materials within the warehouse and yard. They will perform any combination of following duties: reading work orders, following verbal instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved. You will open containers using steel cutters, crowbar, clawhammer, or other hand tools as well as load and unload materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using hand tools.
- Conveys materials to or from storage to designated area, using hand truck, electric dolly, or another device.
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination, using hand-operated crane or hoist, or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or using power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment, using broom, rags, and cleaning compounds, to assist machine operators.
- Assembles crates to contain products, using hand tools and precut lumber.
- May occasionally operate industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- You start and you finish, taking responsibility for getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- You see challenge as opportunity.
- With lots of initiative, you always have something to do and thrive on being productive.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Ability to integrate with all team members and be a team member
- Knowledge of warehousing, shipping and inventory control policies and procedures