A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
The Material Handler is responsible for loading, unloading, and moving materials within the warehouse and yard. They will perform any combination of following duties: reading work orders, following verbal instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Opens containers, using steel cutters, crowbar, clawhammer, or other hand tools.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using hand tools.
- Conveys materials to or from storage to designated area, using hand truck, electric dolly, or another device.
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination, using hand-operated crane or hoist, or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or using power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment, using broom, rags, and cleaning compounds, to assist machine operators.
- Assembles crates to contain products, using hand tools and precut lumber.
- May occasionally operate industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Lift up to 50 + pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time.
- Having good eye-hand-foot coordination.
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season.