Material Handler - Anderson, SC - 1st Shift (B)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to cooperatively work with fellow team members and management in Materials, Assembly and other departments.
- Must be a self-starter and have a positive attitude that promotes pride and the desire to improve, good work and organizational skills.
- Requires accuracy with part numbers, quantities and model numbers.
- Ability to follow the production schedule and must be able to monitor multiple jobs simultaneously.
- Must be able to interpret computer printouts and displays.
- Must be able to work with little supervision.
- Must be able to lift 1 to 40 pounds, 70% of the time worked.
- Responsible for daily housekeeping and organization in area of responsibility.
- All Material Handling Demands for Area (scrap, pallets, cabinets, trash, returnable containers and material movement.)
KNOWLEDGE SKILL SET AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous forklift experience and material handling experience.
- Must be able to perform basic math functions.
- Must be able to: Adhere to Lockout/ Tag out rules / Follow productions schedule with manager direction.
- Must be able to visually detect defects and missing parts.
- Must have current Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass Math Test
- Must have no written disciplinary action in the past 6 months
- Must have less than 4.0 attendance points
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends if required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate load parts. The employee is required to stand. The employee must repetitively lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.