MATERIAL HANDLING ENGINEER
Material Handling Engineer
In this position, you will be fully empowered to operationally manage the intralogistics within the facility from informational and material perspective to ensure safety, quality, cost and delivery KPI’s and effective cooperation with all involved parties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The position is reporting to Supply Chain Manager and a pivotal function in the plant and European structures (remote work and/or sometimes other facilities). Your duties will include:
• Performing diagnostics (e.g. time-study) and leading teams (raised ad hoc) in process improvement.
• Performing new lean tools implementations or support sustainability of current existing ones (e.g. 5S, 7 Wastes, Visual Management, Standard Work, Team Info Board, Replenishment Systems, Train concept, Forklift ban etc.).
• Performing activities related to packaging – definition of new ones on request of Purchasing (by new Supplier), improving currently used (from cardboard to returnable for example), labelling implementation.
• Drawing layouts (locations) of storage place, propose new storage systems, physical changes in trolleys (train concept), and new technical features in forklifts with following supervision in investment process (including CAPEX budget planning) if necessary.
• Proposing systemic changes in IT infrastructure (WMS, ERP) for efficient intralogistics process.
• Planning, project management and organizational skills.
• Attention to see in details but also to “jump” into big perspective.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to motivate others and to delegate tasks to other parties.
• Independent and able to drive changes in the organization.
• Clear and effective communication.
• Team player with ability to interface with all facility functions, senior management, customers and suppliers;
• Strong practical problem-solving skills and analytical approach.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• University degree in business, logistics, engineering or related field is required (but not mandatory)
• Broad and solid experience (2-5 years) in intralogistics functions as: logistics, engineering, process improvement, lean processes.
• Lean processes mindset
• Computer Literate (advanced excel and power point).
• Italian and English (mandatory).