Material Handling Engineer
A job with a greater impact
ELECTROLUX SUPPLY CHAIN BA EUROPE PRESENTS
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Material Handling Engineer will be a member of the Porcia Plant Supply Chain team. In this position, you will be fully empowered to operationally manage the intralogistics within the facility from informational and material perspective to ensure safety, quality, cost and delivery KPI’s and effective cooperation with all involved parties.
The position will optimize space, transportation, equipment and conveyance to the factory line. In addition, it will be Responsible for supporting the developing of lean material flow processes and systems and provide creative and forward thinking to the material flow process including supply base capabilities, material handling and material control systems.
Material Handling Engineer – Porcia, Italy.
Key operational responsibilities:
The position is reporting to Supply Chain Manager and a pivotal function in the plant and European structures (remote work and/or sometimes other facilities). Your duties will include:
• Performing diagnostics (e.g. time-study) and leading teams (raised ad hoc) in process improvement.
• Performing new lean tools implementations or support sustainability of current existing ones (e.g. 5S, 7 Wastes, Visual Management, Standard Work, Team Info Board, Replenishment Systems, Train concept, Forklift ban etc.).
• Performing activities related to packaging – definition of new ones on request of Purchasing (by new Supplier), improving currently used (from cardboard to returnable for example), labelling implementation.
• Drawing layouts (locations) of storage place, propose new storage systems, physical changes in trolleys (train concept), and new technical features in forklifts with following supervision in investment process (including CAPEX budget planning) if necessary.
• Proposing systemic changes in IT infrastructure (WMS, ERP) for efficient intralogistics process.
• Planning, project management and organizational skills.
• Attention to see in detail but also to “jump” into big perspective.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to motivate others and to delegate tasks to other parties.
• Independent and able to drive changes in the organization.
• Clear and effective communication.
• Team player with ability to interface with all facility functions, senior management, customers and suppliers;
• Strong practical problem-solving skills and analytical approach.
• Strong customer focus in all activities
• Strong performer. You can work fast and effectively driving several projects at the same time.
• Strong self-motivation. You are result oriented, eager to learn and constantly improve the team way of working.
• Open minded. You appreciate the privilege of working in a complex international environment and are respectful of different cultural backgrounds.
• Proactive. You are always one-step ahead.
• Continuous improvement mindset.
• Willing to travel occasionally.
Education and Experience:
• University degree in business, logistics, engineering or related field is required (but not mandatory)
• Broad and solid experience (2-5 years) in intralogistics functions as: logistics, engineering, process improvement, lean processes.
• Lean processes mindset
• Computer Literate (advanced Excel and Power Point).
• Italian and English (mandatory).
Want to know more about what we do within the Electrolux Group?
Learn more about Electrolux Food Preparation by watching this video: https://youtu.be/ssiuS0LTGfA .