Material Handling Engineer
MATERIAL HANDLING ENGINEER
LEAN MANUFACTURING: INTERNAL LOGISTICS
Location: Swidnica, Poland
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
We are looking for an individual, who has agile mind-set willing to drive meaningful changes, acting proactively, with passion to business, “can do” attitude and positive energy.
You will be fully empowered to operationally manage the intralogistics within the facility from informational and material perspective to ensure safety, quality, cost and delivery KPI’s and effective cooperation with all involved parties.
A TYPICAL DAY
- Performing diagnostics (e.g. time-study) and leading teams (raised ad hoc) in process improvement.
- Performing new lean tools implementations or supporting sustainability of current existing ones ( 5S, 7 Wastes, Visual Management, Standard Work, Team Info Board, Replenishment Systems, Train concept, Forkliftban etc.).
- Leading activities related to packaging – definition of new ones on request of Purchasing (by new Supplier), improving currently used (from cardboard to returnable for example)
- Drawing layouts (locations) of storage place, proposing new storage systems, physical changes in trolleys (train concept), and new technical features in forklifts with following supervision in investment process (including CAPEX budget planning) if necessary.
- Providing proposals regarding systemic changes in IT infrastructure (WMS, ERP) for efficient intralogistics process.
- Cooperating with facility functions, senior management, customers and suppliers.
- Training and motivating people to engage in improvements, changes.
WHO YOU ARE
- Teamwork oriented. In this role cross-functional collaboration is everything, so you should be comfortable in dealing with people with different backgrounds and responsibility, valuing and leading teamwork approach.
- Acumen demonstrated. You draw attention to details, analyze and manage complex amount of information. You notice correlations and draw accurate conclusions. Ability to see in details but also to “jump” into big perspective.
- Proactive. You’re not just solving the tasks you are given, you always think ahead.
- Result-oriented and passion for process excellence. You cope with daily challenges avoiding distractions and focus on implement the best in class processes.
- Strong practical problem-solving skills.
- Planning, project management and organizational skills.
- Independent and able to drive changes in the organization.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Technical University degree in lean, manufacturing, logistics, engineering or related field.
- 2-3 years of solid experience in intralogistics functions as: logistics, engineering, process improvement.
- Good knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel, Power Point)
- Fluent English and Polish is required.
Required Languages: English and Polish
Electrolux is a global employer with a platform for developing talent. Electrolux employs 55 million employees globally and there are many opportunities for those seeking career progression.
- Interesting job and challenging tasks.
- International environment and work in multicultural team.
- Work in a friendly atmosphere in Swedish organizational culture.
- Opportunities for raising professional qualifications and knowledge exchange.
- Languages classes’ grant.
- International travels opportunity.
- Attractive social benefits packet – private medical care, Multisport Card, life insurance, discount for Electrolux products, canteen on place, discount for lunches.
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.