- Central material planner is accountable for specific commodity over the Egypt factories
- Central material planner is responsible for preparing MRP & issue PO’s to optimize inventory availability and Optimize the stock level ensuring sustainable operation process.
- Planner will support Egypt Inbound Supply Chain Head and Supply Chain Managers with history analysis and operation’s updates which will form the basis of discussions and decision making with Supply Planning and Purchasing teams.
A typical day
Materials Requirement Planning
- Receives the master production plan from the production planning section DSA
- Coordinates with the Technical department to periodically revise the Bill of materials consumption rates
- Follows up the deviations of materials consumption rate and take corrective action where necessary
- Follows up the monthly requisition for local materials and foreign materials on daily basis DIS
- Issues requisition and maintain inventories of imported materials and supplies necessary to meet the production plans DSA
- Manages the materials requirements with the Purchasing and Warehouse departments DIS
- Monitors the flow of scrap materials and slow-moving items Obsolete value
- Coordinates with the Service center to deliver required spare parts as per a periodic FCST. Plan Achievement %
- Coordinates with relevant departments to introduce new models on the production lines to ensure smooth running
- Evaluates the Performance of his owned Commodity by calculating the turnover ratio and availability of materials and days of supplies and Coverage. DIS – Coverage report - turnover
- Access the Global system to Check the stocks with Europe Factories to share the surplus or ask for support in case of shortage. FSDS System
- Weekly Progress report about the Stock update 12 Week ahead. Inventory planning
- Monthly Component stock 3D Analysis (ABC – XYZ – RRS) in order to Control the NOWC DIS – Mat. Analyses
- Communicate Receiving team Leader by the Boxes delivery Plan on weekly / daily basis. Weekly / Daily schedule adherence
- Monthly Safety stock reanalysis to define the best safety stock for Owned ANCs
- Upload & Manage items attributes on system to control MRP process DIS
- Manage the Phase in/out plans for Components &RM in order to ensure 100% depletion for Components and zero obsolesce stocks DIS / Slow & Non movers
- Materials and Components Call-off: Performance Indicators
Materials and Components Call-off:
- Together with Purchasing fix budget, periodically review (EA1, EA2, …) and monthly check component requirement
- Manage and issue Production/Delivery orders also through daily check of production plan and delivery status DSA
- Manage non-compliant deliveries: in agreement with Quality- Manufacturing- Supplier, report non conformity material with all needed information to manage failure and arrange for replacement of the defective material/component to maintain healthy feeding to the plant operations Quality blockage value
- Management of obsolete components: in collaboration with affected areas, develop proper actions to make internal usage of obsolete components (parts, kits,) or to ask supplier to re-work. In case of no further usage/renewal, act with Controlling for proper accounting Obsolete value
- Manage the use of components not included in the bill of materials, such as: lack of material, power consumption, low inventory in the warehouse, quality issues
- Inventory maintenance: continuously monitoring status of own assigned component stock DIS
- Call off consolidation: Consolidates the Requirements from each factory for the same commodity and same Supplier
- Supplier adherence assessment comparing plan vs estimate vs actual dates & quantities Supplier assessment
- Monitor Control Cash Flow by control flow of inbound cash flow with current liabilities Cash flow Control
- Close the cycle with receiving WH team to ensure good receiving and report the rejected shipments. Perfect Order Fulfilment
- Monitor the Custody Shipment in receiving area in order to release it finally from customs. Monthly Custody ship. report
- Frequently Suppliers Visit for more alignments and Develop performance (Local / Foreign)
- Control and Manage the Documents circulation related to Shipments and ensure its validating compared to government Banking and ports requirements
- Monthly review the Actual Suppliers Lead-time compared by theoretical in order to reduce Suppliers lead time as much as it can to develop components stocks Supplier Assessment
- Manage the Process with Customs & TF and control the Cost of Demurrage Demurrage cost reports
- Sourcing boards process Participates and give a clear and well define rating to suppliers from Supply Chain Point of view. Supplier Assessment
- Review and confirm the Purchasing contracts on system to ensure its validate and completion. Call-off process control
FRAMEWORKS, POUNDARIES, DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
- Issues of all material orders of his/her commodity (Million 100 EGP Annual supply value).
- Setting targets for DIS in liaison with FSCM.
- Examines applicability of changes in Production Plan in terms of Raw Material availability.
- Requests issuance of Letter of Credits (LC)/ payment issuance to suppliers.
- Participates in suppliers’ site visits.
- Works on maximizing Group Bargaining Power with suppliers.
- Defines procurement priorities based on seasonality, available resources & effects on Group Income.
Who you are
- University degree in business, logistics, engineering or Relevant Academic Background
- Broad and solid experience (1~2 years) in material management functions as: MRP, logistics, purchasing, and Planning.
- Experience in ERP systems (Oracle Preferred)
- Fluent Arabic.
- Fluent English language skills.
- Leadership ability.
- Team work skills.
- Very good user of Oracle ERP system.
- Excellent Computer skills.
- Decision making Skills
- Logic thinker, Multi task