Material Planner II
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
Maintenance of all raw material requirements to produce a functional final assembly schedule to support 100% customer fill rate with support for purchased requirements for Service. Provide support to maintain minimum inventory levels without disrupting production support.
- Download, review and maintain production requirements of raw materials to support production requirements of finished goods.
- Review daily order entry activity and initiate appropriate action for materials support.
- Communicate with in-house product planning personnel and operation planning to fulfill customer demands plus communicate any deviation from schedule to the operation.
- Develop and implement daily scheduling.
- Maintain and track factory performance to schedule volume, mix and pilots.
- Maintain obsolete finished goods inventory to a minimum.
- Responsible for all replacement parts processing.
- Responsible for periodic cycle counts of inventory.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- BA or BS in a field relevant to manufacturing (operations planning) is required or equivalent on-the-job training.
- Three years of experience in manufacturing (operations planning) environment is preferred
- APICS certification is a plus
- Proficiency with general office technology and Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word)
- Must be knowledgeable in AS400 (Mapics) system and SAP