Material Planning Manager
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
The Materials Planning Manager is responsible for implementing, coordinating, administrating, and managing all activities related to Materials Planning. Responsible for maintaining the necessary communication between the plant and the supply base to insure a consistent flow of required parts to support production.
- Provide Leadership and Direction to the Materials Planners
- Suppliers File. Maintain up-to-date information for
suppliers as stated in “The Planning Process” using MRP data.
- Follow “The Planning to Receiving Process” on a daily basis
- Inbound management and measurement. The Manager
is responsible for measuring delivery reliability, rules of the road being followed, measure cube utilization, and knowledge of material location during transportation process.
- Inventory Planning. Manage the inventory both physically and systemically on hand at EHP based on the approved Inventory Plan.
- Maintain the proper amount of inventory in house as identified in the plan while measuring the overflow condition on a daily basis.
- Follow the “Demand Track Process”. Know the capabilities (capacities and constraints) of the supplier.
- Quality. The Planning Manager should be involved on floor quality issues with their parts. Track with the quality group the scrap generated in the process of the managed parts and work with production and quality to reduce it.
- Ownership and communication. Maintain at least a three-day out focus and stay on the lead edge of the planning process.
- Communicate any production supply issues as soon as detected and have all data relating to the problem immediately available
INSERT YOU SECTION
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in business administration or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years Materials Planning experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience of inventory management experience.
- Minimum 3 years of management experience.
- Minimum 2 years purchasing planning experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience material flow experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience with Materials planning processes MRP;
- Demand Flow, Kan-Ban, JIT, nice to have
- Warehouse management experience a plus
- Lean experience a plus
- APICS fundamentals knowledge, nice to have.