Material Technologies Leader
Electrolux Porcia Global R&D Fabric Care team opens the doors to an Engineer with Material Technologies background who will evaluate and coordinate application of technology solutions to develop new products/modules/systems and current product improvements in terms of materials and related production processes.
On A REGULAR DAY AT WORK you will have the following responsibilities:
• Drive the execution of new materials development project/activities considering the project requirements
• Coordinate and support the selection of proper material to meet design specifications, manufacturing processes and assembly requirements
• In collaboration with Global Connectivity & Technology team, support new materials definition
• Attend/supervise new tool/material trials, internally and externally
• Support part design through proper simulation tool (i.e. Moldflow) and/or coordinate related external activities
• Outline designs based on technical specifications and plan for production process implication
• In cooperation with the laboratories, follow and check test and evaluate mechanical designs and concepts to meet the specified functionality/features, quality and cost targets
• Evaluate designs & system and relative validation through calculation / simulation modelling (CAE, MBD) and prototype/experimental testing
• In line with standardization & modularization guideline participate in system/module/platform/architecture definition and its reviews
• Contribute to supplier evaluation and selection
• Control the supplying of all technical input for product literature, BOM, labels, technical manuals, etc.
• In case of technical team/project leadership:
direct/supervises the work of other staff members
organize team to reach target
lead minor project or initiative
contributes to the development of the functional strategies
ensure project technical feasibility and system integration
support project team timing, cost, investment, quality, performance according to project specification and target
support project leader about technical terms
support and monitor on project expenses and project financial item
ensure strong relationship with all functions in the organization
ensure proper external networking
• Operational Performance. You are able to manage multiple tasks and work well within a team environment
• Strong interpersonal skills. You can communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders across the organization. You tailor your communication style depending on seniority and cultural background.
• Problem solving. You are always one-step ahead driving your agenda and getting things done.
• Positive Thinking. You embrace change and are open towards new challenges.
• Resilient. You navigate well in a dynamic environment and manage in a complex and stressful realities.
•Open to international travel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Material Engineering University Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant sector
• Ideally min. 3-5 years of experience (we are open to fresh graduates with a relevant background)
• Project/Program Management skills
• IT Skills (MS Office, Mechanical Design Catia CAD, CAE, MoldFlow)
• English language - fluent