A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will be responsible for project assignments that could range in complexity from evaluating existing materials to new materials and how they work in single applications to complete system developments. You will apply project management principles to effectively accomplish goals and objectives on time and within budgetary constraints. You will interface with all departments and vendors within the scope of the project and possess general knowledge of manufacturing and assembly methodologies. You will have complete Engineering ownership of the materials project for meeting all of the project goals and provide engineering management periodic status updates as required. You will also help in the development of materials used in cooking product designs from component level integration to complete system development to improve marketability, quality, function, performance, and reliability while maintaining cost objectives.
- Tracks budgets for projects assigned and chair design and project reviews as required.
- Plan and approve work performed by the Model Shop, Agency Labs, Drafting, Reliability, and Home Economics while taking ownership of material specifications including creating new ones and updating current ones.
- Prepare and direct preparation of engineering documentation (Specifications, ECN’s, BOM’s, and Drawings).
- Demonstrate creative ability through invention or other significant contributions to the profession and oversee disposition of first piece PPAP sample approvals.
- Interface with Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, and Outside Suppliers to provide or obtain necessary information.
- Lead or participate in special function teams and support production as required while fully supporting company programs, policies and objectives.
- Assist in the establishment of design objectives and execute these designs to meet these objectives.
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You work efficiently and proactively to deliver results.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor of Science degree required with Mechanical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering or Chemistry preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of materials design related experience is preferred
- Direct experience in the Major Appliance Industry is a large plus
- Plastics / Sheet Metal design / development experience is a large plus
- PC proficiency is required