Materials Planner (Juarez)
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
Responsible for maintaining the necessary communication between the plant and the supply base to ensure a consistent flow of required parts to support production. The planning position has the following responsibilities: follow the EHP planning process, inbound management and measurement, inventory planning, supplier quality-related activities and a high level of ownership and communication.
- Suppliers File. Maintain up-to-date information for their suppliers as stated in “The Planning Process” using MRP data.
- Follow “The Planning to Receiving Process” daily.
- Inbound management and measurement. Planner is responsible for measuring delivery reliability, rules of the road being followed, measure cube utilization, and knowledge of material location during transportation process.
- Inventory Planning. Manage the inventory both physically and systemically on hand at EHP based on the approved Inventory Plan. Maintain the proper amount of inventory in house as identified in the plan while measuring the overflow condition daily.
- Follow the “Demand Track Process”. Know the capabilities (capacities and constraints) of the supplier.
- Quality. The planner should be involved on floor quality issues with their parts. Track with the quality group the scrap generated in the process of the managed parts and work with production and quality to reduce it.
- Ownership and communication. Maintain at least a three-day out focus and stay on the lead edge of the planning process.
- Communicate any production supply issues as soon as detected and have all data relating to the problem immediately available.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- BS degree in business administration or equivalent.
- Proven ability to use computer related programs such as Excel, Power Point, Access, etc.
- APICS fundamentals knowledge.
- Materials planning processes such as MRP, Demand Flow, Kan-Ban, JIT.
- Proven experience in Materials Control & Planning (Purchasing is a plus) related activities.
- Qualitative skills such as leadership, proactive ness, teamwork, sense of urgency, customer service oriented, problem solving.
- Process oriented (Following SOPs, ISO-Documentation).
- AS400 / JD Edwards desirable.
- Capability to work under pressing business environment.
- Team player, customer focus, goal driven, well organized, service oriented, analytical skills (solving problems), proactive, strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Basic knowledge to perform supplier audits. -Excellent communication & negotiation skills. -Strong interpersonal and team player skills.