Materials Planner-Springfield TN (P)
Springfield , Tn
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
Electrolux is a successful international company, leader in the home and professional appliances markets with its headquarters in Stockholm. Our company is present in 60 countries and sells in more than 150 markets with over 55,000 employees around the world. We have been around for more and our success has to be attributed to the entrepreneurial spirit of our people. We believe in exposing individuals to challenging roles, offering them growth opportunities, and empowering them to make the right decisions. Our innovative culture created through people with diverse backgrounds provides a framework for developing market-breaking products. Respect and Diversity; Ethics and Integrity; and Safety and Environment awareness govern all that we do. We have a wide understanding of our consumers’ needs and desires. Through our “Taste, Care and Well-being strategy”, we want to design and produce innovative products and services, that help our customers to reach the goals they desire.
- Works directly with suppliers in accordance with Materials Department guidelines including supplier delivery reliability, responding to quality and scrap issues, and response to expediting issues. Communicates supplier related
- issues to all who need to know in a timely and effective manner.
- Coordinate with suppliers to ensure on time delivery and no disruptions to production.
- Manage inventory policy adherence with designated supply base.
- Monitor ECN effectivity dates to ensure minimal impact on OBS.
- Assist in any AP issues that may occur due to price changes, missed receipts, or shipping discrepancies.
- Monitor long lead time supply base to ensure no gaps in production coverage based on stated lead times.
- Perform periodic cycle counts on critical parts.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- BA or BS in a field relevant to manufacturing (operations planning) is required or equivalent on-the-job training.
- 3+ years’ experience in a supply chain, with an emphasis on material planning.
- Additional experience in transportation, receiving, and/or warehousing a plus.
- Communicates clearly and concisely both verbal and written.
- Proficiency with general office technology and Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word).
- Experience in AS400 a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills: proven ability to develop important relationships internally and externally.