Materials Supervisor - 1st Shift
Shape the plan. Make it happen. Take it to the next level.
DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
The Materials Supervisor is responsible for overseeing warehousing, shipping, receiving and handling of raw materials to support production. Supervises transportation of materials to and from departments and ensures material needs are met throughout the organization. Is responsible for ensuring inventory accuracy and collaborate on root cause analysis to prevent inventory discrepancies. Materials Supervisor provides hands-on support, leadership, and direction to their direct reports. This position offers challenging circumstances, which require quick thinking and problem-solving methods to properly manage and support operations.
- Promote action-oriented safety culture embracing safety as a core value, instilling and exemplifying a safety mindset for all Team Members resulting in an incident-free workplace.
- Direct, supervise and coordinate hourly team members in all aspects of proper methodology in receiving purchased parts, storage, material flow, and servicing parts as needed.
- Responsible for tracking performance using departmental metrics, as well as organizing inventory records for future reference.
- Continuously improve the unloading, receiving, and storing processes for production materials.
- Act as a liaison for ongoing communication among material handlers to promote a culture of teamwork and collaboration.
- Participate in the inventory process by keeping accurate materials counts.
- Use of basic Lean Tools according to EMS, to drive real-time problem-solving in support of attaining departmental metrics (SQCD).
- Self-motivated with the ability to make data-driven decisions to take ownership of departmental performance and drive daily operations.
- Responsible for meeting production schedule in accordance with established standards and scheduling commitments from planning meetings and directives.
- Perform administrative duties as required such as Kronos and attendance tracking.
- Must be able to walk warehouse area for the majority of work shift. Work shift may extend beyond 8 hours in overtime situations, including weekends or alternate work schedule arrangements.
- Must be able to work at using computer, routinely answering phone, or radio and effective use of other office equipment.
- Be available 30 minutes prior to and after shift to ensure a timely shift transition.
- Other customary and typical duties assigned that would be reasonable for a supervisor in a similar environment
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility
- You work efficiently and proactively to deliver results
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- High School Diploma required
- 5 plus years’ experience in Materials and Warehousing operations
- Proficient in Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience with plant startups, is a plus