Materials Supervisor - 3rd Shift - Anderson,SC(B)
The Materials Supervisor- 3rd Shift is responsible for managing inbound material for the assembly line by
addressing inconsistencies, balancing manpower and reporting equipment issues.
The Receiving Supervisor provides
hands – on support, leadership and direction to their direct reports on 3rd shift. This position offers challenging circumstances, which
require quick thinking and problem solving methods to properly manage and
support material flow. The successful
candidate for this position takes pride in their analytical abilities,
organizational skills and attention to detail. They appreciate an environment where superior
work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
KEY OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hold daily meeting with Material Handlers at start of shift to go over safety, daily schedule, and ensure all jobs are covered for 3rd shift.
- Promote action oriented safety culture embracing safety as a core value, instilling and exemplifying a safety mindset for all Team Members resulting in an incident free workplace.
- Attend daily meetings; helps set and coordinate inbound material flow to the production schedule demands with Team Members. Reports labor capability and manufacturing concerns to management.
- Use of Lean Tools to drive real time problem solving in support of attaining departmental metrics ( SQCD ).
- Ability to engage team members to foster culture of teamwork and collaboration.
- Self-motivated with the ability to make date driven decisions to take ownership of departmental performance and drive daily operations.
- Preform daily Gemba walks through the area with previous and next shift for handoff to ensure everything is safe, clean, and in proper locations.
- Complete 2 stop audits every month.
- Responsible for meeting production schedule in accordance with established standards and scheduling commitments from planning meetings and directives.
- Work and communicate with material planners on any discrepancies, missed deliveries, or damaged freight.
- First line of responsibility for material personnel; coordination of personal time and first line of contact for personnel issues.
- Perform administrative duties as required such as Kronos and attendance tracking.
- Must be able to walk receiving and production area for majority of work shift. Work shift may extend beyond 8 hours in overtime situations, including weekends or alternate work schedule arrangements.
- Must be able to work at using computer, routinely answering phone or radio and effective use of other office equipment.
- Be available 30 minutes prior to and after shift to ensure a timely shift transition.
- Other customary and typical duties assigned that would be reasonable for a supervisor in a similar environment.
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 plus years’ experience in Material Handling and Manufacturing operations.
- Proficient in Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Previous experience with plant startups, including knowledge of new product introduction processes from concept to production, is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Proven analytical skills; data driven and detail-oriented.
- Results oriented, with a strong continuous mindset.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Highly organized; capable of multitasking across multiple projects.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Effective operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to influence.
- Capable of coaching/mentoring others.
- Strong decision making abilities.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Excellent people skills.