Mechanical Design Leader
We are a strong team of leaders and skilled engineers who work on European projects of:
Tumble Dryers: Condense and Heat Pump.
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Leader to coordinate activities and projects working team in a Global R&D environment for the Business Area Europe.
You will be responsible for the execution and the reporting of the respective projects and technical activities in the given time frame, cost target and quality level.
REGULAR DAY AT WORK:
• Discuss definition of product specification with Product Line
• Support GenPlan (Project Portfolio) and related Product Development activities within Platform Team
• Support and drive projects and/or activities from definition to the approval of production series
• Lead project/activity teams
• Report in Check Point meetings/steering team meetings for projects
• Ensure that new products/projects fit into the platform and subsystem structure
• Ensure test and pilot series within whole R&D (Global, Regional, Local) and Factory
• Use development/quality tools like FMEA´s, project planning, etc.
• Drive and manage subsystem project developments with internal and external suppliers
• Drive and manage cost reduction and quality improvement
• Ensure standardization and modularization
• Scout for new suppliers and technologies
• Create component and product specifications
• Support all activities for Variant creation with local R&D (user manuals, bill of materials, graphics, etc.)
WHO YOU ARE:
• You are AGILE. You demonstrate acumen, good judgment and decision making and adaptability
• You are OPEN. You don’t hesitate to cross-collaborate and bring outside-in perspective
• You show ENERGY. You are motivated and driven to deliver results
• You are GROW oriented. You are keen on expand your horizons on daily base
• You are a relationship builder. You like to work in a matrix organization.
• You are a team oriented. You work with others having communication skills and respect for cultural diversities.
• You are creative. You challenge the existing status quo.
• You are open minded. Do not only fix but also bring on new, fresh ideas.
• You are proactive. You take initiative through a matrix organization.
• You are looking for a continuous improvement in all the job areas finding any better ways to do things.
• Willing to travel
EDUACTION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred; other technical field Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in R&D function.
• min. 4 years of experience in projects management or technical leadership
• Fluent technical English
• Knowledge in mechanical component, system development and design
• Knowledge of 3D design tool (CATIA is preferred)
• Structured and robust engineering approach during each development phase
• Knowledge of the main manufacturing processes (metal forming, injection molding, die casting) and assembling.
• Knowledge of quality tools and continuous improvement approach
• Knowledge in Design for Assembling and Manufacturing is a plus
• Knowledge of approval and environmental rules in different countries
• Knowledge of PLM (Teamcenter is preferred)
Please submit your CV in English